Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Cell Planning

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    Tomar

Hi Bodoruddoza,
    yes I tried to change CELLRESHYST on the LAC border. In some cases SDCCH traffic could go down by 50% (to avoid ping-pong LAC updates). In some caseses it is good solution to move one sector from one LAC to neighbouring LAC (in case of same MSC).

We have NBLKACGR = 1 for all cells as default. Durig Christmas day No of paging increase 2times (in some areas 2.5 up to 3 times). We had ACGR owerload and paging succesful rate goes down (one TRX cell with COMBINED configuration).

Mohit

Hi all,

I am looking for a formula to derieve SQI from its various raw parameters( BER, FER, Codecs etc.).

If any body can help…

MAGIC

I would like to start in the field of RF planning and optimization. I am a fresher with mobile communicatino masters degree from UK.I have looked at the jobs[in UK] but all ask for an expereience..can anyy body tell me where to start from >>>>??????Please email me, would appreciate your sincere guidance..thanks a lot…mehul_001_in@yahoo.com

I posses a good knowledge of W-CDMA and GSM and even wimax PHY layer.

Vijay

why we calculate RX_Level_Sub??whts need of it??……

Pix

hi vijay,

i think they explained it in the TEMS documentation. The SUB level doesn’t take into account the DL “DTX” frames.

Tomar

Hi Vijay,
    The FULL values represent the measurements that were made on the TCH and the SACCH frames with a sample period of 20ms, assuming that every 20ms a decodable TDMA frame is received.
    This means that, if DTX was active in a specific measurement period
    (silence), the FULL values or RXLEV and RXQUAL may indicate bad.
    The SUB values represent the measurements that were made on
    the SACCH frames, which are repeated every 480 ms and which
    carry the SYSTEM INFORMATION TYPE 5 and 6 (downlink) and the MEASUREMENT REPORTs (uplink). As a general rule, the SUB values always mirror the real radio conditions, but have a lower statistic reliability than the FULL values that were measured during speech periods.
    It is definition and if you used DTX than only SUB values are OK.
    BR Tomar

kant

hi Tomar
    Excellent explaination for Rx lev Sub
    I have one more question for you …that i could not relate properly to ur explaination

We get Rx lev Full and Sub when in dedicated mode . My question is :
    …that whether the value of Rx lev Full in idle mode is equal to the value of Rx lev Full in the dedicated mode or not?
    ………if yes why /
    ……..if not then why /
    …..according to me they should not be equal ? pls help

Promod

I also have the same doubt as kant is having?

Avinash

i want to know the full form of RBLT

Tomar

Hi kant,
    MS listening in idle mode BCCH information (serving and neighbors). BCCH TRX is transmitting all the time on max power. Than on BCCH TRX in dedicated mode is RxLevFull equal RxLevSub. For NonBCCH trx it is not true (in case DTX=0). You could see this behavior, if you have TEMS (or similar phone for optimization). Of course this is not 100% true (for example in case of EDGE).
    BR
    Tomar

kant

i didn’t get u Tomar

agreed :
    when the call is on bcch trx , the value of Rx lev Full will be equl to Rx lev Sub……..no doubt
    ….but my question is ???

1. if I take the Rx lev in idle mode and the Rx lev Full in dedicated mode ( call running on hoping trx ) with DTX active……will both the values be same ??

2. if the call is on BCCH with DTX active , will the value of Rx lev Full will be equal to the Rx lev in Idle mode at the same time ??

consider both the cases with DTX inactive as well

regards
    kant

Tufail

Hi kant,

If the call is on BCCH since no power is enabled on BCCH. the rxlev will be same as tht in idle mode.

DTX mode is no concerned with level.

Its means discontnous transmission.

Hope it will help

regards

Tufail

Tomar

Hi Kant,
    Case1.) If zou take the RXLEV in idle mode and the RXLEVFUL in dedicated mode (call running on hoping trx) with DTX active (you could see DTX activity factor in tems) values are different.
    If DTX activity factor will be 0 (or near by) then RXLEVFUL and RXLEVSUB are same.
    But in case, if DTX activity factor will be 80%, than RXLEVSUB is correct value and RXLEVFULL is wrong value (for example RXLEVFULL is 15dB below than RXLEVSUB). It is due to different evaluation of measurements.
    Case2.) If the call is on BCCH with DTX active, will the value RXLEVFULL will be equal to the RXLEVSUB and RXLEV in Idle mode at the same time. It is due to fact that all TS on BCCH are transmitting on max power (all the time).
    In case that no DTX in Downlink than RXLEVFULL = RXLEVSUB = RXLEV in Idle mode.
    Of course, Hopping has some gain (2-3dB) and Hopping TRX could be stronger than RXLEV in Idle mode. It depends on environment, if it is open space or dense urban. With EDGE on BCCH there could be also some fluctuation of signal (different type of modulation)
    BR Tomar

Daniel

Hi Tomar,
    I actually enjoyed your explanations on the issues raised above.Could you kindly expalin to me the difference in 26 frame multifram and 51frame multiframe,there functions and how are they logically mapped into time slots for traffic and signalling.
    Regards.

kant

thanks Tomar

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 184 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.