Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Cell Planning

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    Pix

Rafi, you have to create a text file, following a certain format (fully described in the TEMS user guide). then you can import it in TEMS investigation..

user guides are very useful, especially when it comes to professional applications. have a look.

pix

nc modi,

sorry i don’t understand your concern.

Chris

does anybody know about 2 frequency/four frequency/six frequency microwave planning.
    plzzz help

yogesh_rf

hi modi,
    this can be the problem of switch or link fluctuation

BR//
    Yogesh_rf

bardiya

dear Manager
    would you please send me URLs who have links to SIEMENS/NOKIA BTS tutorials,manuals,…?
    Thank you very much.

abc

Kindly explain how text file for import and export is prepared for TEMS cell planning in Ericsson tool.

pix

hi abc,

the file format should be precisely described in TCP documentation.

the file import/export process itself , i’m not familiar with. Should be super-easy (File / Project / Import, isn’t it ?)

Chaar

Dear abc/all,
    As for import /export file what you can do is the following:

1- create any site with all needed database like site height, antenna types, frequencies, BSIC, CID, cell name…etc

2- all what you have to do export the site database (under file ) to txt, html…etc

open the file with word or excel (preferable excel), then build the remaining net. on the same file

so, as you can see it is a straight forward step.

Good Luck

Qualcom CAIT tester data

Hi all!
    Please tell me what tools/programs could be used for process the log files which are collected by Qualcon CAIT tester!
    my email is: thanhnd@hotmail.com
    thank you very much!

IQBAL

I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT RF PLANNING AND NETWORK OPTIMIZATION

Daniel Fornah

Hi all,
    I am working as RF planing & optimisation engineer in one of celtel operations but very new to GSM.I am having high drop calls on TCH for a particular site rural with sudden increase in SD traffic for some days now.Can someone help explain how to reduce the drop calls on the TCH?

bodoruddoza

Dear sir,

What is the basis in LAC planning in GSM network?

We know there will be trade off between avoiding to have frequent LU and keeping limited TRX in a LA. But, how it is acheived?

Tomar

Hi Bodoruddoza, sometimes it is not so easy. The limit for LAC area is number of paging (not the number of TRX). In the Combined BCCH/SDCCH (one TRX per cel – rural area) is theoretical limit 180,000 (no reservation for Acces grant).
    with ACCG=1 is this limit 120,000. For NonComb BCCH and SDCCH/8 is this limit litle bit more than 500,000 (with ACCG=0). In reality is better to be up to 1/3 of the limit. If you set wrong LAC border MS could ping-pong between two different area. It is better to set LAC border in rural area, than to the midle of the city. In some cases you could avoid ping-pong, if you set bigger Cell Reselection Hysteresys (8dB). There could be also limit for BSC – number of paging (LAC) for one BSC.

bodoruddoza

Dear sir,

Hats off to you for your prompt and prudent response.

Would u mind elaborating the term,ACCG, cell reselection hysteresis and paging number, function and effect of it on network.

Ravi kant

hi pix,
    thanks for ans for my previous question…..

I m working on Nortel system with dual band but single BCCH.
    1.My problem is that when my call is on 1800 Rx level goes beyond -90 even in 100 mt radius.

2. HOver doesn’t take place even if the next Rx level is -48…If hover is there it is very late.

3.KPI Assignment failure ratio for 900 here acceptable is

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 184 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.