Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Ericsson EPG SDF, ACR & Rating Group

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sitraka R.

Hi everyone

Answer from experts will be highly appreciated.

Question :
    How to match simply a Rating Group and SDF-ID for Packet Inspection & Classification, if don’t want or i don’t have any ACR to define ?

Thank you in advance

Wallis Dudhnath

Hi Sitraka,

Rating Groups (RGs), SP IDs, etc.. are configured with the PGW that supports an internal SASN (PISC / DPI).

PGW will use Gy to a 3GPP OCS (e.g. Ericsson Charging_System 5.x, CS17, etc..) so that the session (e.g. VoLTE / viLTE / etc..) can be rated and charged using the Rating Engine and the assigned Resources (Dedicated Accounts, Composite Accounts, Offers, etc..).

Gy will use Diameter Credit Control Requests / Answers (CCR/CCAs) to the 3GPP OCS platform.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Sitraka R.

Hi Wallis Dudhnath,

Thanks for your answer.

What I really want to know is how to match on configuration the Rating Group sent to the OCS to some particular traffic categorized by a SDF-ID ?

For example if I want to allocate Rating Group “15” to traffic classified with SDF-ID “17”, how to do that on EPG ? (without using ACR if possible)

Wallis Dudhnath

Hi Sitraka,

Configuration with the DPI / PCEF,
    3GPP OCS and PCRF will be vendor specific.

As a suggestion I would use the different IP Flows (SDF-Service Data Flows) with a QCI. PCC (OCS/PCRF using the Sy) will then Rate and charge the session using Diameter Gy.

At the Core Network layer the Rating Group – RG – is used to group a set of Services. The Service Identifier – SI – will be used by OCS / PCRF to Rate and Charge for the ongoing session.

As you will have MSCC you will need the Diameter Gy interface.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.