Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

WorkFlow of Billing Process The gsmSCF

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 years ago by Wallis Dudhnath.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Mukesh Gates

I have a question regarding billing procedure in SS7 network.

How do the GSM Service Control Function (gsm-SCF) make a billing process to charge for a phone call (voice call) in the GSM Service Switching Function (gsm-SSF)?

I mean the work flow of billing procedure in the gsm-SCF.

Please help me out.
    Any response will be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Thank You.

Wallis Dudhnath

Hi Michael,

Billing is generated when the Network Elements (e.g. GMSC/gsmSSF, MSC/gsmSSF, MSS, etc..) generates records that are associated with the call. These records are known as EDR – Event Data Records. The records are collected / processed by a Mediator. As a last step, the Mediator will send the consolidated records to the Billing system so that an Invoice can be generated. Standard billing processes are used.

For Realtime charging using Intelligent Networks (IN) a well defined protocol is used. As you have mentioned gsmSSF and gsmSCF, the CAMEL protocol is used. To help with Charging the ApplyCharging () and ApplyChargingReport() methods are used. This is built into the CAMEL (CAP V2) protocol.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Wallis Dudhnath

Hi Michael,

Any follow up questions? Please let me know if you need any further support.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.