Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

MAP SRI -prepaid or postpaid

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tomas

Hi Experts,
    I have a question and I believe you can help me.

Is it possible to find if subscriber is prepaid or postpaid via MAP SRI ?
    As far as I understand If I send MAP SRI to HLR with SupressTCSI =false, so as I result I expect to receive T_CSI ,
    which means that the subscriber has active CAMEL subscription, i.e the subscriber is prepaid.
    If I dont receive T_CSI than the subscriber is postpaid.

Is it correct to consider my logic as right way to distinguish prepaid and postpaid subscribers.

I will appreciate your support

BR,
    Tomas

Wallis Dudhnath

Hi Tomas,

O/T/CSI (CAMEL) flag is a pointer to a specific CAMEL (IN) Service.
    One of the CAMEL Service is Prepaid and this will align with a particular category value that indicates PrePaid / IN.

In the past I used to use HLR S-Types (Subscriber Types) to help with defining Prepaid customers. I used to use the S-Type value to help with splitting CDR / EDRs for Billing.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Tomas

Hi Mr.Wallis Dudhnath,
    Thank you very much for your response.
    So it is not a good idea to use MAP SRI in order to separate subscriber as prepaid or postpaid. Or I can use MAP SRI, but need to check this particular category value ?

Best Regards,
    Tomas

Wallis Dudhnath

Hi Tomas,

Depending on the vendor you will have different “keys”: OIN/TIN, OICK/TICK, O/T-CSI, etc.. You can use MAP SRI / ACK to provide an indication. The whole purpose of SRI is to help with call routing so that a call / session can be established.

If you want to see the customer split in terms of PrePaid, Postpaid, Hybrid, etc.. you will have to look at the CSP’s OCS platform. With one vendor’s solution I used different SC – Service Classes – values for Prepaid and Postpaid.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.