Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

MSDP vs OSS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Totatai

Greeting

Any info about MSDP ericsson related to managed service

Wallis Dudhnath

Hi Titatai,

MSDP – Mobile Service Delivery Platform
    – was initially a product from Drutt. This product was acquired by Ericsson several years ago. MSDP supports a Storefront and a Selfcare Portal.

MSDP forms a part of wider Service_Delivery_Platform solution. This is basically a part of the “Service Layer”. Look upon this as a upper part of the classic Network hamburger model.

Managed Services (MS) is all about what outsourcing model will be used. What arrangement will be made for onshore, nearshore and offshore. This will have an impact with the overall cost and how the Service will be delivered. As a part of Managed Services ADM – Application Delivery and Maintenance – maybe included and costed. This helps with the management of the numerous Change Requests (CRs).

With MS, there is not a one size fits all. It is taken on a case by case basis. Each customer have their own requirements, set of KPIs, etc..

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Toubali

I am a director in the telecom operator
    “MOOV IVORY COAST ”
    As customer I want to learn more about this interface.
    I heard that some subscriber can frauds the telecom operator through this interface.
    I want to know how to protect this kind of frauds ?

wallis Dudhnath

MSDP has well defined interfaces that can be used with OCS – Online Charging System. The fraud that you have mentioned is probably initiated by internal miscreants. A FMS solution coupled with Analytic / Machine Learning will help to “weed out” internal users who are assisting with fraud.
    To help, users who operate OCS, MSDP, etc.. should be provided with a security zone setting. Their actions can be logged and tracked.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.