Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

CDMA network Performance Indicators

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mushie

Hello, Please i need help on the following indicators as far as a calling process is concerned: premature releases before and after ringing, TCH assignment failures, called party no reply, other failures before and after connection, early releases before paging, mobile subscriber unreachable, called party busy. factors influencing them and how they can be improved. Thanks in advance for your help,

Wallis Dudhnath

Hi Mushie,

It starts with a detailed Root Cause Analysis of this issue or issues that you are focusing on. As an example you mentioned “Called Part Busy” and we need to see is this Network Busy (lack of Network resources) or is Party B busy and on a call.

First port of call is to look at the Network setup and see how the Network is performing during the “Busy Hour” period or periods. This will help to see if you need more capacity in your Network. Does the Signalling, Switches, IP/MPLE(-TE / -TP), Radio Network, etc.. need further capacity. Next step is to look at what Software Features are activated and see if any Licenses will need to be increased, etc.. Basically, an Audit will be required and this will help a plan of action to be formulated. In the past I experienced major issues with call setup. From the Audit it pointed to issues with the Transmission / Optical Network. A capacity expansion (MPLS increase) helped to remedy the issue.

RF planning may also be required to ensure that you have available resources in “congested” areas.

Look forward to your response.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Davia

Hello,
    I want to know the maximum DC supply voltage of a DUG in a RBS 6102 Ericsson, can it withstand 57VDC without damage?

mushie

Hello Mr. Wallis,
    I would like to thank you for your reply and apologise for my late answer. Your reply was of great help to me. Thanks a lot.

Wallis Dudhnath

Hi Davia,

RBS 6102 works with -48V DC. 57V will cause damage.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

PS: Thanks Munshie for your comments

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.