Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Analysing the core network of CDMA

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mushie

Hello,
    Am a student engineer studying in the department of telecommunications and am presently working on the analysis and evaluation of the performances of a core network of CDMA for a particular enterprise. I am analysing the Intra-Office Traffic of the system. And I would like if possible for someone to help throw light on it.
    Thanks in advance

Wallis Dudhnath

For intra-office traffic you will need to look at the signalling statistics between the switches. The vendor will have a raft of counters that can be examined. Another source of information that I use is the CDR / DRs (Charging Data Records) to understand calls that have failed. Raw information is available and will need to be processed and analysed against a set of metrics.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Mushie

Hello
    Thanks Mr Wallis for your reply. Actually am looking at different key performance indicators in the intra-office traffic like: call attempts, call loss by switching network congestions,call party busy,premature release while ringing, call answering ration and so many others. So i wanted do an evaluation of statistics for this different parameters and i would like to know where i can get the threshold values fixed by the norms in telecommunications

Wallis Dudhnath

Have a look at 3GPP and ITU specifications. Below are examples. You can get the specifications via a Google search.

ITU-T Recommendation E.880:

“Field data collection and evaluation on the performance of equipment, networks and services”

ITU-T Recommendation X.731:

“Information technology – Open Systems Interconnection – Systems Management: State management function”.

ISO 8571: “Information processing systems – Open Systems Interconnection – File Transfer, Access and Management”.

GSM 12.04: “Digital cellular telecommunications system (Phase 2+) (GSM); Performance data measurements”.

GSM 12.06: “Digital cellular telecommunications system (Phase 2+) GSM network configuration management”.

3GPP TS 32.300: “Telecommunication management; Configuration Management (CM); Name convention for Managed Objects”.

3GPP TS 32.302: “Telecommunication management; Configuration Management (CM); Notification Integration Reference Point (IRP): Information Service”.

Wallis Dudhnath

Although the earlier answer is for GSM/3G/4G some parameters can be useful for CDMA Networks based on IS-95.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Mushie

Hello,
    Thanks so much for the help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.