Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

How to share data plan?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Phil396

Hello,
    I am posting here a question that seems to be pretty tricky but I am sure there is a solution:
    Could you help me design a technical solution to enable a user to share part of his data plan with another user (who is not from the same network, and who is not in a close range). So any Hotspot type of solution or dual SIM card should not be considered here.

I want to know if it is technically feasible to share part of his data plan with someone else if we do have access to both cell phones meaning we are able to get access to all needed information (IMSI, SIM card…)

What would be the main challenges?
    Thank you

Wallis Dudhnath

A very quick input.

Issue here is that the customer is not from the same OpCo. If the MSISDN was a part of the same OpCo that features with BSS – Business Support System – could be used to “share” funds with another customer (MSISDN). Issues to look at Real-Time Tariff Rating and the impacts to Billing.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Wallis Dudhnath

Hi Phil396,

Any updates with your Shared Data plans to another customer who is with another CSP?

Online Rating will be a real challenge as the business rules will be very complicated along with the BSS (Business Support System) processes that will be required for for inter-CSP(s) co-operation.

Possible as an off-line postpaid solution. Will require BSS / Business Processes (eTOM) to be overhauled.

Let me know where you are with your investigation.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Wallis Dudhnath

Hi Phil396,

Any updates with your Shared Data plans to another customer who is with another CSP?

Keen to see how I can support you with a solution.

Let me know where you are with your investigation.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Phil396

Hi Wallis
    Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late answer.
    I sent you an invite on LinkedIn.
    Let’s connect and I will share with you what I have in mind.
    Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.