Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

PLMN not allowed : conditions ?

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 years ago by Ayat.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bob

Hello

I am looking for the conditions that make a MS receive the “PLMN not allowed” cause for a Location Update.

Specifically, I control my HLR and I can send many response codes. However, it is not clear HOW these response codes from the HLR are translated to the MS.

For example, on the HLR, I can send “Roaming Not Allowed”, with a subcause of “plmn roaming not allowed”.

However, on the MS side, there are many possible reject cause that can match :
    PLMN not allowed
    PLMN not allowed in this location area

So, can someone tell me where in the spec they specify the matching between the HLR reject cause and the LU reject causes ?

Or, is it operator controlled ?

Thanks

Wallis Dudhnath

As a part of Roaming a raft of parameters are sent from the HPLMN (HLR) to the VPLMN (VLR). This assumes that a Roaming agreement is in place with the co-operating CSPs (operators). GSM MAP V3 or above is the key protocol that is used to convey InsertSubscriberData() to the VPLMN.

Below are some parameters that are conveyed:-

-MSISDN. The ISDN number assigned to the roamer.

-IMSI. The IMSI of the roamer.

-Category. This refers to the calling party category. It is included either at location updating or when it is changed.

-Subscriber status. This parameter is set to service granted if no operator-determined barring (ODB) is required. To apply, remove, or update ODB, the subscriber status is set to operator-determined barring. In this case, the ODB parameter is present.

-Forwarding information list. This includes the SS code for an individual call forwarding supplementary service.

-Call barring information list. This includes the SS code for an individual call barring supplementary service.

-Bearer service list. This lists the codes of all bearer services subscribed to by the roamer.

-Teleservice list. This lists the codes of all the teleservices subscribed to by the roamer.

-Operator-determined barring HPLMN data. This includes all the operator-determined barring categories that may be applied to a roamer in a VPLMN.

Recommend that you look at 3GPP’s MAP Specification.

Error codes exists that will help you to understand the nature of the failure. Below are some examples:-

-Unknown subscriber. No such subscriber.

-Roaming not allowed. The diagnostic code provides further information.

-PLMN not allowed

-Operator-determined barring

Bob

Hi,

I already know this information.

The issue is that there is no direct relationship between a Location Update failure message as received by the MS, and the error code as sent by the HLR.

For instance, the HLR has no way to know the Location Area code of the MS. Yet, the MS can receive “Roaming not allowed in this LA” or “PLMN not allowed”. So the decision to send either code cannot come from the HLR, it comes from somewhere else, and I want to know where.

(unless I’m mistaken)

Thanks !

Ayat

Hi

Could any one share experince with.me about location update fail for subscriber does not registered in HLR
    In Cs ….we got unkown subscriber ,,” IMSI unkown in HLR”
    Some.subscribers try for unlimited time with huge loc up fail traffic

Any way to control this .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.