Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

SS7 Signalling Dimensioning

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Albino

The SS7 Link can be provision as :

Physical interface ( V35/DS0)
    ——————————

1. 64Kb
    Using a SSP/DS-0 (64K) and provision as 56Kb in( SSP/STP).

2. 56Kb
    Using a PSTN /56K via CSU/DSU.
    provision as 56Kb in ( SSP/STP)

In regards to MSU
    ——————————–
    these mesaage vary in lenght, and the follwoing avarage are assumed :
    1. IAM : 45 Octets/message
    2. ACM,ANM,REL,RLC : 20 Oct/m

Mohsin

Albino

Thank you mike, for your explanation. A’r you experience with SIGTRAN dimensioning?..

rgds
    mohsin

Dan

Hi Albino,

I was looking at your SS7 link calculations and just wondering where did 72 octets/attempt came from. Please advise.

Thanks,
    Dan

dido

if you have a signalling point in your network C7 links to a mated pair of STPs, how do you ensure load sharing among the two STPs?

prem

Hi Misa,
    For redendancy there should at least two signaling links between two switching nodes and
    According to standards if u r using load sharing then per link load should not go beyond 40%.

Regards.

N.O

Hi dido,

there should be a paremeter that can be set to load sharing. It will change to vendor also.

For some vendors also it depends on the number of links between yor mode and STP.

byee

Russel

Hi all,
    Could anybody please help me regarding SS7 dimensioning between MSC and BSC.

sathya

please send me the formula for calculating erlang traffic for ss7 link from transmitted octet count and received octet count for LSL and HSL links please

Lucas

Hi everybody,
    Can you explain me how to calculate Erlang in a signaling link ? And which threshold is the recommendation ?

Thanks very much

angela

hi,

how do i convert my signalling capacity to erlang?

for exmaple, i have 2 x 128 kbps signalling links, how does this translate to erlang?

thanks,
    angela

Parry

Hope it will be helpful to you. For further any queries please intimate or mail me —

Calculate the C7 signaling load on each link.

Formula Used: (Max of Tx or Rx Octets)+ 7*MSU / Tin * 60 * 8000. You use the attached tool (c7tm.exe) for this purpose.

Max. # of Tx is given by NOCTTR in the printout of the C7 traffic recordings
    Max. # of Rx is given by NOCTRE in the printout of the C7 traffic recordings
    MSU is give by NMSUTR or NMSURE in the Printout of the C7 Traffic recordings.
    Tin = Time interval of recording or RPL (Here it should be 5 minutes).
    Out put is given in terms of ERLANGS.

Krish

In terms of Ip packets how do we calculate the signaling load.is there any particular formula..

IJAZ UL HAQ BADAR

Please tell me how much Earlang a HSL (High Speeed Sig. Links – 2MB) and LSL (Low Speed Sig Link – 64 KB) can carry and how it is calculated ?

Thanks

IJAZ BADAR

milind

when there is call loss in sinalling link (in Earlang traffic)& what is alarming condition.

Eric

Anyhow, actually dimensioning of ISUP E1 per SS7 link is depends on its interconnecting type.

Another factor of calculating dimensioning of SS7 Channel capacity. We have to consider erlang recommendation. Let’s say one operator recommend to use 0.2 erlang for A link type and 0.4 erlang for F link type (this erlang recommendation could be different with each interconnecting type. Remember this erlang recommendation is only guided from operator

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.