Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

SS7 Signalling Dimensioning

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Misa

Hi all,

Could anybody pls help me, is there any dimensioning/planning calculation for SS7 signalling between switching nodes in the telecommunications network?

Any comment would be appreciated.

Regards

Vijay

Hi Misa,
    For redendancy there should at least two signaling links between two switching nodes and
    According to standards if u r using load sharing then per link load should not go beyond 40%.

Regards.

Pankaj

Misa,

Ideally the SS7 signalling links dimensioning is done based on the message load. Meaning that you need to first findout what type of messages are being sent on the SS7 links. For each type of message, you need to know the messages length (Bytes) and what is the frequency of each type of message (that is generally dependent upon the BHCA). Once you know all this you only need to do the maths for bytes per second. If you have E1 then each link will be 64Kbps and if T1 then it will be 56Kbps. Devide the Bytes (hence K Bits)per second requirement with the link speed and multiply with 40%, and you have the total number of links.

If you are using the SS7 links for ISUP, a general rule of thumb is to have 40E1s, per pair of SS7 links.

Misa

Hi Pankaj and Vijay,

Thank you very much for all of your information. I am interested in SS7 dimensioning not for ISUP only, but also dimensioning for IN network and GSM network that supports GPRS. How the IN network and GPRS will impact on the dimensioning of the SS& signalling? Do you have any idea on this matter?

Thank so much.

Sunil

Hi Pankaj,

Can you help me out to calculate the SS7 Load in AXE By usinng the C7 Statistics Report ?

Rgds

Pankaj

Sunil, I can not advise you in that regard as i am not familier with AXE statistics.

Misa, The method that i explained you applies for any type of SS7 load (not only for ISUP) and even applicable for IN. I understand that this is not a very easy job as you need to know the details to it’s last byte, but in absense to any vendor specif tool, this is the only way to calculate the exact Traffic load. You will have to find out following items in order to be able to calculate
    1- The IN BHCA
    2- Number of messages between the HLR and MSC and IN because of IN, per BHCA
    3- Messages length (number of bytes)of each message.

and then you can apply the method as explained earlier.

Misa

Pankaj

Thank you very much. I have seen something as a solution for the problem. Could you advise more specific, how to get the BHCA, how to get the number of messages between the HLR and MSC.

As far as I know, the messages length (number of bytes)of each message can be found in the SS7 document. Am I right?

Please help me to clarify these above questions.

Rgds

Misa

Hi Pankaj and Vijay,

Could you give me an concrete example of calculation, or any document referred to this problem?

Any comment would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Eduardo Sánchez

Greetings from Venezuela

Hi, I was wondering if any of you could help me in finding a way to monitor a ss7 link load.

I have been reading some and I always see a 0.2 or 0.4 erlang as reference points. Could you please explain to me why?

I will really appreciate any comments

prabhakar verma

hi!..
    since it is AXE 10 and you are working in GSM domain..
    U can get all that information from your TMOS..
    it is very Simple incase if you have TMOS or else search for C7 measurement in the ALEX and you will find the required step to do the Measurement.
    The third and the last step is to connect an analyser say tektronics and put measurement or ASR or BHCA reports u want..

Kumar

Hello Prabhakar Varma,

I am working with AXE10.

If possible Can you help me out with C7 Mesaurementy Reports.

We have hourly report.So how can I calculate the Load and utilisation.

Rgds

Kumar

prabhakarverma

run an isql query in the Tmos server.. you will get everything u want in a nice excel format..

Kumar

Hello Mr.Varma

We have TMOS but not Loca.

It is in our NMC.

Our OMC Directly generates the report and Feeds in a AFFILE.

Thatswhy I have asked you.
    From that report how can I determine the Load,with which parameters.

Rgds

Kumar

Kevin

Hi Every body

Pls tell me the formula of Erlang to calculate the capacity of a E1 with a blocking of 2 %?

murtala s usman

hi all,
    iam enquiring about the best protocol analyser that would enable me monitor calls from any type of networks.my preference is a universal analyser that would work with AXE-10,ALCATEL S12,and SIEMEN’S EWSD.

Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.