Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Uplink/Downlink Frequencies in GSM/CDMA

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    TOMMY

hey guys, Do you guys know how to design a base station grid for GSM 900 system.

consider an urban area(small to medium city) having a rectangular shape of length 30km and width 25km. if the available base stations have their radiating powers 3w each, the antenna masts are 30m high, the antennas are omnidirectional, and have their gains of 2dB. assuming that mobile antennas are elevated to 1.5m, and have a gain of 0dB. Assume also that minimum signal strenght is -90dB.

waleed

for any gsm network you must study the loaded traffic which will be applied on this cell(how many subscribers will talk at the pic power and this measres known by erlangs,and this mission for cell planing group so check for cell planing manuals to calculate how many subscriber will use this sites to consider the size and kind of site needed as macro,micro and pico sites to make hierarashical coverage foe whole area to get best performance

PRAKASH RAJ BHATT

HELLO GOOD MORNING
    I NEED PROJECT CIRCUIT FOR TELEPHIONE ANSWERIN MACHINE FOR PROJECT PURPOSE.
    HELP ME SIR
    bhatt1prakash@yahoo.com

ok bye sir.

mohan

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me whether the US make Samsung A500 CDMA model phone works in INDIA or not?

Thanks in Advance….

—-Krishna

Pankaj

Mohan,

US works on the PCS (1900 MHz) band and unless the phone supports both PCS as well as Cellular (900 MHz) band (Used in India), the phone will not work. Also you need to check out with the CDMA operator in India if they are willing to provision the phone for you or not.

Abhisheik

Can someone tell me wether gsm 900 or gsm 180 is used in india?….and why is it that digital modulation is not enough for radio transmission in gsm?….also ..can we send a dgital signal lieka sqarewave pulse via radio transmission without loss?….some please tell me ….really need to know …

Partha

Abhisheik,
    we have both GSM 900 & GSM 1800 in india.But it depends on the Operator’s Licence.for eg. in Chennai has AirTel(GSM900), Hutch(GSM1800), For Tamilnadu circle AirTel(GSM1800).

S.Vijay

Hello Partha,

S.Vijay

Hello Partha,

What is the freq bands and ranges allocated for CDMA Operators in India ?

Rgds

waleed

hi mohan as i know pcs is used in canada only because 900 mhz is used for another uses

Karthik

Hi all,

A big doubt. Can anyone clarify??

We say that each Frequency Channel is separated by 200KHz. So this is the effective Bandwidth.This channel is divided into 8 Timeslots.
    So 1/200KHz = 5 Microsec.

But if you see that 8 Timeslots constitutes one Frequency Channel, then as far as calculations show:
    1 Timeslot = 0.577ms.
    Which means 8 Timeslots = 4.16ms.

Can you justify how 5 Microsec can be divided so that we get 4.16ms.

I give up, how come 5 Microsec = 4.16ms ??????????????

soumya

Hi,
    I am planning to buy a Nokia 3310 model cell phone from USA. Can anyone tell whether it will work in India.

Thanks,
    Soumya

Partha

Hi Soumya
    Nokia 3310 specification says GSM900/1800. So this Phone should work in India.But it also depends from which operator u r going to get the connection fm.

S.Vijay

Got a Info…

US Uses 850 MHZ and 1900 MHZ Band for GSM.

Rgds

kanika

hi everybody
    i would like to know the various bandwidth allocated to different cellular connections e.g. airtel, nokia, idea etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.