Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

PRFILE PATCH IN NOKIA BSC

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    AME

HOW CAN WE PATCH ON PRFILE IN NOKIA BSC?

Gaz

ZWOI to interrogate
    ZWOC to change a parameter

AME

dear Gaz

i know,but you know that every parameter in wos and wos from two files in lfiles, fifilegx and prfilegx. some new feature has not any par in wos or woi so you had to load new prfile ,i mean how we can add a new feature to BSC WITH PATCHING FIFILEGX AND PRFILEGX .

Gaz

When you update the software with the macro, it updates the prfile and fifile.

After you take the new SW to default, you are working off new Prfile and fifile.

AME

DEAR Gaz

thanks for your reply

consider we have just new prfile but all feature in this file is off you know if we load this file to bsc and restart all featue will be deactivated and need to activated all of them by WOA WOC BUT THIS TAKE SO MANY TIME AND AFFECT ON TRAFFIC ONE WAY IS GETTING FB AND LOAD NEW PRFILE TO IT AND PATCHING RELATED RECORD AND ACTIVE FB
    MY QUESTION IS ABOUT THE WAY OF THIS PATCHING?

Gaz

I dont really understand what you mean.

In the BSC there is FIFILE, PRFILE & PAFILE.

When you upgrade the BSC software using the Macro, it automatically takes the old parameters from these files and converts the same parameters into the new PRFILE.

What are you trying to do? Please explain clearly and maybe i can tell you how to do it.

Gaz

Even when you check inside the PRFILE or FIFILE with Text or Hex Editor, its impossible to know which line represents what.

So, you must use the conversion as used in the macro, PRFCNVGX Conversion.

Alternatively, just load the PRFILE & FIFILE into the BSC out of hours, and modify the parameters using a premade basic excel script. I dont this before, it takes 10 minutes to make excel to output all the commands and then just 2 minutes to throw the commands in.

You could then extract the PRFILE & FIFILE and copy them to another BSC.

AME

WE HAVE SO MANY ALARM #1078 IN MCMU AND AFTER THAT AUTOMATIC MCMU SWITCHOVER AND THEN SYSTEM RESTART .HAVE YOU GOT ANY EXPERIENCE LIKE THAT?

Gaz

“WE HAVE SO MANY ALARM #1078 IN MCMU AND AFTER THAT AUTOMATIC MCMU SWITCHOVER AND THEN SYSTEM RESTART .HAVE YOU GOT ANY EXPERIENCE LIKE THAT?”

Most likely a software or hardware fault.

Would need further analysis.

Alarm history and check Computer logs to see if it gives you any clues.

Basic trouble shooting steps.
    Do you get it for both MCMU or just the one MCMU?

Possible Quick Fix – You know you have temperamental MCMU’s so you cant risk loosing two during busy hours. Out of hours lock individual down and reload the software to MCMU from DSK. Do the same to both of them one at a time.

AME

HOW WE CAN ACTIVATE MULTIPOINT-GB IN NOKIA BSC?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.