Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

sim cards not used in CDMA phones

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nishad.M

hi

why sim cards are not used in CDMA phones,and like to know the PN sequence comes in simplified manner,can any one one give me a valuable reply

Pankaj

Why?? there is no technical reason of not having the SIM from the very begining and now because of the absence of the proper standards indutry didn’t spend in teh SIM. In fact now the CDMA is also moving towards the SIM cards and in that world these are called R-UIM (Removable User identity Module). There are two standards that define this IS-808 and IS-820. China Unicomm has deployed their own propritary solution (very close to IS808) and now the industry trend is to use that solution.

To answer your “why”, USA had been using Analog technology for mobile communication. Since CDMA was invented in US and the primary mkt for CDMA was US, evry one worked with an evolution plan from Analog to CDMA. The Analog phones do not have the SIM and when CDMA started, the phone naturally were supporting Analog and CDMA and hence no one felt the need SIM card. Europe is all GSM and hence they never looked into these things. It is only in Asia that they look into both technologies, deploy both technologies and hence tend to comapre and then try to pickup some good parts from the other technology.

prabhakar verma

Pankaj that was the right answer…
    I truely agree with you..

Nishad M

hi Mr. Pankaj,

I really appriciate your attitude to answer my query. Please give me your email address.

Regards,
    Nishad

Nishad.M

Hello,

Is it possible to use GSM and CDMA in a single instrument,if its possible please tell me how is it…expecting ur reply

regards

Pankaj

Slight correction. China Unicom is close to IS-820 (not IS-808 as i stated earlier).

Pankaj

As per my knowledge, some handset manufactureres are coming up with these type of handsets. However this is still in priliminary stage and i do not know of any commercial offerings.

agarwalpankaj@hotmail.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.