Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Measure BCCH when in subcell2

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    prof

In ZTE we have this feature named “Measure BCCH when in subcell2” and abbreviated “SubCell2MeasureBcch”. The description is as follows:

“If this parameter is configured to “Y es”, the system adds a BCCH frequency point for broadcasting this cell in the SACCH system message
    of the subcell 2. After the MS reports measurement reports, the system
    collects statistics on the sampling distribution of level difference between
    the subcell 1 and the subcell 2. If the MR function is enabled, the system
    reports the level difference in the MR.”

I am unable to grasp the concept. Can someone shed light on it please. Thank you.

prof

The system is GSM and we are using concentric cells (900 as outer and 1800 as inner cell with common BCCH).

pix

hi prof,

The idea is to force the MS to measure extra frequencies, and send YOU the results, in the form of statistics.

Each MS acts as a drivetest device. The result you get is the difference of rxlev between cell1 and cell2.

What is not clear is whether you can decide what is the frequency you can measure there. In E/ and ALU system, you can force the MS to measure the whole BCCH band, which provide you a very clear picture of cells coverages.

In ZTE, it sounds like it has to be the bcch of the colocated cell only ? Maybe I’m mistaken.

Regards,
    pix

prof

Thank you pix. Actually, I was thinking this is a feature that is similar to one discussed here:

http://www.erlang.com/forum/erlang/thread.htx?thread=5681

But I am not sure. So according to you this is strictly for drive test purposes. That makes sense as if it was being used by the network side there should have been a mention in the documentation.

pix

Hi

Actually it is not for drivetest : you can gather those measurements from the OSS, as counters, remotely.

Regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.