Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Call flow in CDMA network (explanation)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Delegun wale

Pls I need to really understand the flow of infomation in CDMA network rigth from Mobile set of caller to the mobile set of the called .
    Thank you.

Prabhakar verma

there is no difference in the call flow in a CDMA network and GSM network

Pankaj

Except for the messages that are being exchanged between the entities.

Scot

What are the entities available in a CDMA Network?

Rgds

Scot

Prabhakar verma

I think i will wait for panjak to give his comment before doing so..
    what do you say pankaj

Pankaj

The entities are sameas in case of GSM, BTS, MSC,VLR, HLR and MS. However what i menat was that the messages exchanged between these entities are different as comapred to GSM because the standards are different and the protocols are different.

Hope this clarifies 🙂

Scot

BSC – They are Calling it as CBSC

Rgds

prabhakar verma

we missed a small element in the phase that is STP.
    American standards considers STP to be a separate network element and prefer a different Switch for it all together , where as european consider STP to be a part of the Switch, hence no different Switch for that . The Basic switch itsself acts as an STP.

sujeesh

Hi Scot,
    Some venders not using BSc.like lucent they are using ECP(Executive celluluar processor, Flexent Mobility Managetr etc.

prabhakar verma

hi!,
    sujeesh …
    i don’t agree with u on this..
    ECP can be considered as a BSC .

Pankaj

The issue is not the specific implementation by any vendor. If Lucent has the functionality of BSC integrated into the MSC (in form of the ECP or DCS or FMS), that is specif to them. However the standards identify the BSC and the MSC as two seperate logical entities. So let us not get into which vendor implements how but ultimatly the functionality is met. This is somewhat equivalent to having a standalone HLR vs integrated HLR that many vendor implement as an option.

Scot

Ok I know that there are some Networks with ALCATEL-S12-Core Switch and MOTOROLA CBSC Entities.

If the operator wants to replace it with some Lucent Product,can we use the ECP ?

rGDS

Krishna

Scott:
    BSC stands for Base station controller which could be equivalent to a combination of CSN + Cell in Lucent architecture. CSN (cell site node)is a circuit pack in a centrally located MSC and Cell could be a modcell, microcell, series-11 or micro-mini etc which could be anywhere in the field. ECP is the central cpu+ of the MSC. Coming to your q. if the non-Lucent operator supports IOS standards (Inter operability Specification standard) and is CDMA compliant then the answer is yes.

Krishna

After further discussions found out that Lucent may still be working on IOS compliance on their cells and currently it may not be possible to connect a Lucent Cell to a non-Lucent Mobile switch. Sorry. May be possible in future.

p

There are few examples of Lucent MSC supporting other vendor’s BSC in North America. But Krishna you are right they probably do not want to propogate that feeling and for waht ever reasons.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.