Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

IubLinks contain hanging resources

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nag

Following IubLinks contain hanging resources: Iub_BLC034MW,Iub_PLI039MW

what is the reason & solution for this?? issue is on ericsson system.

pix

hi,

As stated in the restul from the ced command, the hanging resources can be cleared by doing a lock/unlock of those Iub’s.

The reasons for hanging resources are RNC-related. They usually mean nothing.

We did massive lock/unlock of iub’s within a heavy traffic area, and it changed nothing to the qos. The hanging resources did not cause any issue.

However, we had some other issues that *caused* hanging resources. In those cases, the effect on QoS was big, but hanging resources were not the issue. They were just a consequence.

Regards,
    Pix

Nag

Thanks for reply Pix

can u tell me the issues that caused QoS effected in case of resource hanging.

pix

hi,

I’m afraid I can’t do that, it feels “wrong” to me, and it certainly looks bad, professionally. Sharing short-lived bugs that are fixed in the next patch do not serve any purpose 🙂

If you want to know them, come work in ericsson 😉

However, if you notice degradations on a specific KPI, let me know, because then i can help.

Cheers
    pix

Nag

Hi Pix,

thanks your reply.

As stated by you resource hanging is a RNC related issue.
    IF RNC related….why only 5-7 site it happened
    not All site??

pix

What trigger the hanging resources.. i don’t know. It’s pretty advanced stuff, and I’m not sure the answer is relevant to anyone else than r&d.

The real question (for the real world) is whether or not they have an impact on your admission control kpis. Do hanging resources impact your admission control in any way ?

As I told you, hanging resources are happening all the time (as far as i know), and -most of the time- shows absolutely no impact at all.

Cheers
    pix

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.