Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Tx diversity

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    anh

Dear,
    When using coverage mode of twin TRE to improve coverage, do we need:
    – enable any feature?
    – install another antenna/sector? (3 sectors –> 6 antennas)
    – TMA?
    – Any KPIs degradation?
    – …
    Pls help.
    Many thanks,

Rex

Hi,
    you should configure twin TRE as a single TRX and use no combining mode, use antenna duplexer (agx) for example, or if you have agc combiner try to connect TRE without combining (check documentation).
    Regards,
    Rex

anh

Hi Rex,
    Most of the cell have 2 TRXs (1 twin TRE). Coverage mode MUST use Tx diversity? (correct me if i’m wrong)
    From my understand
    – At OMC: configure twin TRE as a single TRX for coverage mode.
    – At site, connect 2 Tx ports of the twin TRE to 2 Tx ports of the ANC (w/o combining).
    -> The X-pol antenna will be Tx diversity. No need to install another antenna for the sector?
    How about uplink? Is it mandatory to have TMA, else CSSR will be degraded?

pix

ANH,

Coverage configuration = TX Diversity. By definition.

Your connectors configuration is fine. One X-Pol antenna will transmit both Tx signals (one from each port).

UL will be too weak, and the cell coverage will become “uplink limited”. To counter this, you must either install TMA or install a secondary X-pol antenna. The latter allows to get 4-Rx-Div.

Cheapest solution is the TMA, definitely 🙂

You can leave with a UL limited cell, and the coverage gain compared to a capacity mode is still interesting. But if you really want to maximize the coverage (maybe not on all cells, but on the most critical?), then think about adding a TMA.

Regards

pix

anh

Thanks Pix, Rex.
    It’s clear now.

tonyM

Hi all,
    Can somebody confirm that all manufactured ALU twinTRE-s: TGT09 and TGT18, have both ‘TxDiv’ and ‘4 Rx Div’ features factory activated?
    Are there any ALU twinTRE-s with ‘TxDiv’-support, but only ‘2 Rx Div’-support, i.e. ‘4 Rx Div’-restricted?

anuj

@tony,you can check about tx diversity of twin tre in BL export report

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.