Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

PDF & CDF

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mirce

Dear Pix/all other friends,

I would like to ask about the PDF (Probability Density Function) and CDF (Cumulative Distribution Function). I searched about these on the internet but could not find useful article. I hope you can help me to understand both these terms for GSM.

Thanks in advance

pix

hi,

you are kidding, right…?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability_density_function

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumulative_distribution_function

the principle for GSM is the same ! Now if you have a field example for which you need help, please upload a picture somewhere (photobucket), and i will help.

regards
    pix

Mirce

Thank Pix, but actually I could not understand when I read in the wikipedia.

Optimustron

Mirce
    The PDF distribution is a collection of data, for example from drive test or statistics from OSS, you make a plot with this data and you will see the distribution for example of RxLev agains times of each value, x coordinate RxLev, y coordinate quatity or times of particular value, then you will see the distribution of the signal in for example a particular place or the distribution in an area, then next time the probability that you find the same values in the same points are high if not changes happened there, like new buildings, antenna movements, power changing, etc., that is PDF, you can save in order to compare changes in time for example. The CDF is the version of the same data but you can see the general distribution of signal, for example if you have that in the entire area you have very strong signal you will see that the points in CDF will be shows a big step to right and few values at left then you can conclude that you are very near to antenna all the time or there area a lot of antenas an the signal strenght in that place isn’t an issue. By the way, recently I made a PPT showing some conclusions using that graphs give me your e-mail and I will send to you. Best regards,

Mirce

Thanks Optimustron,

It is my email: Mirce.Aston@gmail.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.