Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

number not available or not reachable

• This topic has 8 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years ago by pix.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Pritam

Hi Pix & Bijoy..

Can u please suggest..when MS is using GPRS and simultaneously if some body makes a call to that number ,he get a “number not available” or “not reachable message”.We are using Errison NSS and NSN BSC.

Bruno

Were you connected with wifi that time? We observed connection problem at those times in Huawei network.

pix

Pritam,

This situation is normal : you need your NSS to be able to page a MS which is in Packet Transfer Mode. GSM was not properly designed with this in mind, so it’s pretty tricky !

You have 2 scenarios :

a) You have an old BSS release which do not support BSS CS PAGING COORDINATION.

b) you have a recent BSS release, and bought the feature BSS COORDINATION

Now, let’s see… 🙂 In case a), the good bet is to upgrade your BSS software. If you can’t do that, then you must install and configure the Gs interface (SGSN-MSC), which will forward your CS PAGING from MSC to SGSN for MS which are in Packet Transfer Mode.

In case b), obviously, just activate the bloody BSS COORDINATION, which will handle transferring the Paging to wherever the MS is.

Gs interface does not provide perfect results.
    Bss Coordination : I never tested it myself, but, except possible bugs, there is no reason for it not to work.

Cheers
    pix

Pritam

Thks pix…

One more query,is it possible to temporarily barred the SMS services from BSC end.We are using NSN and Ericsson hardware at BSC end

pix

hi,

Sorry, i don’t know about that.

Cheers,
    pix

Bijoy

Hello Pritam
    No,you can’t do that

Br\\
    Bijoy

MAKARAND

Hi Bijoy & Pix ,

During voice call , if i received any PS paging will it responded ?
    ( as MS is not authorized to suspend CS call.) so will it cause PS PSR degradation.

same way during Data session if i received voice call then will it affect? n cause CS PSR degradation.

Prasad…

@Pritam,
    In Huawei system @ BSC level does have a feature called “sending short message” which can be set to “Allowed” or “Not Allowed”. The same parameter can be set for temporary basis to stop or start SMS services in entire BSC.
    Also on cell level we can restrict the SMS services by setting parameters “Short Message Downlink Disabled” & “Short Message UPlink Disabled”. This is used mainly during some crises or social activism, riots,etc in perticular areas.

I hope in NSN or Erricson must have the similar parameter. Please search it by somewhat similar nomencleture.

@ Makarand:
    # Qstn=> During voice call , if i received any PS paging will it responded ?so will it cause PS PSR degradation ==
    ANSWER>> There are parameters on BSS & NSS like “A-interface collaboration paging switch ” , “BSS Paging Coordination ” takes care of CS PSR when handling PS services. PS responses will happen on A interface.

For CS PSR its simple to have=> (Number of 1st +Number of Repeat paging responses)*100/ (Total Paging Msg sent on A interface)

How u calculate or monitor PS PSR?

pix

Makaran,

To extend Prasam’s answer :
    those pagings will be lost if neither Gs interface nor BSS PAging Coordination is activated.

Regards,
    pix

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.