Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Nano bts iPhone4 issue

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bruno

Hello there,

Is there anyone who is experienced with IPaccess nano bts? We are facing a weird problem in our 1800 nano bts.

Most of the time when someone uses iPhone4 inside the room covered by nano bts, he can’t establish any call (no network bar is shown). If we reset the module then the situation becomes normal for 1-2 hours, then again this problem starts. This problem does not occur with any other mobile set.

When we contact with the vendor, they told us this might have something to do with RACH overload – that doesn’t make any sense although. Does anybody have any suggestion?

pix

Hi Bruno,

The phone would show “no coverage” in case it cannot access the nanoBts. In other words, the UL or DL of the BCCH timeslot is “blocked”.
    The UL BCCH is the RACH, and if it is “overloaded” then it’s true that the cell will appear as unreachable, and so the MS will read “no nw”.

What doesn’t make sense is why your nano cell would be rach-overloaded… I doubt there are much MS out there… plus, the overload would impact all MS, not only the iPhone.

Have you tried exchanging the sim card from the iphone with a one from a phone which show no sign of misbehaviour ?

The only way to understand the issue is to trace the signalling between nanobts and the iphone. Since very few of us (and clearly not me) have inside knowledge of how the nanoBts and/or the iPhone work and what are their limitations, i doubt you’ll get an answer here. But for sure you need to push IPAccess a bit more. They should be concerned about the issue, and you posting such things on the internet 🙂

regards,
    pix

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.