Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

cell individual offset

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ahmad

hi all

please any one can advice me about the CIO parameter setting , why the default value is 0 , and when I need to change it .

I know that it affect the drop rate , but I need to know under which conditions it will ?

thanks

Onigece

Im not also familiar with this parameter, but as someone hinted to me, CIO is a 3G handover parameter. The higher the CIO,the earlier it will handover to neighbor cell, therefore the lesser the chance of call drop because of handover failure. Im not even 1% sure if my argument is correct. Comments pls.

pix

Hi,

Definition (copied from doc)
    The offset is added to the measured quantity before the UE evaluates whether an event has occurred. Improper use of non-default values may result in instability and unequal cell borders.

By applying a positive offset, the UE sends a MEASUREMENT REPORT message back to the SRNC as if the measured value is offset higher than reality. By applying a negative offset, the UE considers the measured value to be offset lower than reality at event evaluation.

Range:
    -10 dB (late detection) –> 10 dB (early detection)

Default:
    0 dB

Resolution:
    0.5 dB

Scope
    Cell

Sachin Dubey

Hi, I want to understand, what are the conditions other than Cell Unavailability, for a Cell, that triggers the counter to peg under Category of Drop due to Unmonitored Neighbors.In simple understanding, can anyone share the reasons of drop due to unmonitored neighbors.

Thanks

Sachin

VICTOR ALBERTO PEREZ

Hi, you can change de CIO (Cell Individual Offset) when you want perform HO easier, while greater CIO value is easier the HandOver to target Cell.

Alaa

why I need to add an offset value ?
    what is the important of this value ?

Murali Anand

Why CIO is not required for inter rat handover?

Israr Ahmad

An offset is allocated for each cell being monitored. The offset can be
    positive or negative. Before the UE judges whether an event occurs,
    adds the offset to the measurement result. If the PCPICH uses a positive
    offset, the UE sends the measurement report just like PCPICH is
    x dB better than the actual case. Or, if the PCPICH uses a negative
    offset, the PCPICH report is limited.

(((((((((((((((((( When the cell individual offset is used, the corresponding cell is possibly (at least temporarily) the target cell of the handover or removed from the active set.))))))))))))))))))

It means that this value (calculated based on CIO settings) is reported to the neighbors by the SRNC and then the neighbors give priority to this cell on basis of the final value.

Aiba

what is the range of CIO ? can someone answer me please, and are there have some differnces between each other or its just value. ???????????

Thanks, hope will be answered soon.

Aiba

-10 – 10 dB. later , earlier.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.