Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

BHCC and BHCA

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Rony Mathews

I am pretty new to the field of telephony. One of the requirements that I have in a project, I am working on, is that the latency (ie the latency between an interrupt and the interrupt response time) should be less than 25ms. We are also trying to calculate the BHCC.
    I would like to know if there is any direct relationship between BHCC and latency other than the obvious, which is higher the latency the lesser the BHCC. Is there any direct way to calcualte this?

Thanks for the help

Manish

Hello.
    Is there a standard (sucha as ITU or ETSI) for calculating BHCA capacity for a softswitch or TDM switch?
    Thanks for the help

giora

Does someone know tipical numbers of BHCA in switchs such as Nortel DMS 100?
    Thanks

ogie

Hi Wade!
    BHCC – Busy Hour Call Completion
    BHCA – Busy Hour Call Attemps

Har swarrop Awasthy

Hi,
    What is the relation between BHCA and Erlang capacity.
    if my BHCA is increasd by two fold will my designed Erlang reduce to half

Is BHCA and designed Erlang directly comparable

Regards
    Har

[insert name here]

Hi all,

I am trying to find out a BHCC for a system here.

I am trying to determine the BHCA and BHCC for the system itself and for the ACD portion of it (the call center software).

I feel that these two values will be different as each has different factors… The system by itself only needs the KSU section to be active and working… the ACD portion is much more processor intensive as it will be performing more functions than a simple switch (greetings, routing based on CLID, etc).

So far I’ve tried to mail the manufacturer of our test equipment but they say that BHCA=BHCC… which I don’t agree with.

I feel it would be: BHCA greater than or equal to BHCC

-[Glossary]————
    BHCC = Busy Hour Call Completion
    BHCA = Busy Hour Call Attempts
    CLID = Caller Line ID
    ACD = Automatic Call Distributor
    KSU = Key Service Unit

-[Questions]————

Does anyone here have any idea on how to calculate BHCC/BHCA for a ACD environment.

Does anyone here have access/links to white papers that describe BHCC calculations in depth.

Are there any standards for calculating BHCC/BHCA or can you just to whatever you want and advertise it to consumers?

Many thanks!

Jim

Interesting discussion. I am interested in how this relates to out of band signaling. For example, I have a incoming call rate into my center of 10,000 calls per (busy) hour. These are long duration calls, but I need to know about the setup time for these calls if they go through an SCP-like entity to determine routing.

Am I correct in calculating capacity for out-of-band signaling in the same way as I do for the normal traffic? That is:

10,000 Calls Per Hour
    0.5 second hold time (just to read the dialed number and determine routing)
    3600 seconds/hour

10,000 / (3600 / 0.5) = 1.4 simultaneous calls

Thanks in advance

CT

I’m not sure about what’s the BHCA of Nortal DMS100, but the softswitch that I’m working on can handle 12000 simultaneous calls (tested with call holidng time of 180 seconds). I believe that’s about 240K BHCA.

Nimesh Bhatt

Hi,

I went through the whole discussion here. But up till now nobody has come up with a excat formula for BHCA or BHCC. Cna anybody help me with this with a simple answer.

Thanks and Best Regards

Nimesh

Paresh

HI,

How can one improve ASR in GSM network?

Regards,
    Paresh

ogie

hi!what are the configurations of T1 and E1 card of avaya pbx when connected to DXC-2 RAD equipment? On the T1 side, what must be the signalling, framing mode, etc same with E1. Thanks.

ryan

In ITU-R M.1390,
    Calculate Traffic/Useres
    Units: call-seconds
    This parameter is defined as the probability that the user is “offhook” and active in the busy hour for a circuit-switched call or a packet-switched session. It is clearly defined in Erlangs (call-seconds/3600) for circuit-switched services and for packet-switched services has the equivalent unit of average relative activity in a period of reference of the busy hour.

Traffic/Useres=  Busy_Hour_Call_Attemptses*  Call_Durationes*  Activity_Factores

When Traffic/Useres is defined in Erlangs,BHCA=(Traffic/Useres)/(Call_Durationes* Activity_Factores)

Call_Durationes is the time to to read the dialed number and determine routing or call holidng time?

T.N.Chaudhary

I am T. N Chaudhary from Nepal Telecommunication corporation.
    Please explain me the process how to find the no.of subscribers in the following question.
    Q.no(1)What is the theoritical capacity for subscribers number of a six digit numbering area if ‘0’ is used as a trunk pefix and specialservices ar to be allocated in the series 100-199?

Nimesh Bhatt

Thanks rayan for the formula of BHCA the only issue is can you pls. define what is Activity_Factores

Thanks in advanced

Nimesh

T.N.Chaudhary

I am T.N. Chaudhary from nepal telecommunication.Will you please kindly answer me of the following questions?
    Q.(1)What is meant by tandem exchange?
    Q2.Whatis the rang of ringing voltage& ringing current?
    Q3.What are the basic component of UPS?
    Q4.What is the frequency limit of optical fibre?
    Q5.What is the range of voice frequency?
    With Thanks looking forward the answer of above questions.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 102 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.