Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

BHCC and BHCA

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Luigimex

The answer is Yes there are related, blocking swithing has to do with it.

A switch (lets say telephonic exchanges) has a switching matrix which is designed to have a GOS of 1/100000, it is designed on several issues:
    ITU standards
    Performance of the processor
    Traffic capacity for trunks groups (E1 and suscriber lines that produce BHCA).
    Call service processor performance
    Size of memory to handle simultaneous calls and services, etc.
    The mathematical model is so complex that is hard to describe, The model I saw 10 years ago was complicated and oriented to vendor technology, other vendors follow similar model with some deviations in accordance their own switch arquitecture.
    Comments or corrections are welcome

Nitin Gupta

Hi,

Thanks Nagaraju.

One more question. How do we find out, what is the population a 10,000 BHCA switch can cater to ? Whats the co-relation / formula ? This is in case of the IP Network.

Regards
    Nitin

Nitin Gupta

Hi,

I also need to know the co-relation between BHCA, simultaneous call processings on the server, corresponding population supported in case of the IP network.

Regards
    Nitin

Ogie

How can I compute the number of simultaneous calls made during the day? Given the number of calls made and average ACD time.

Erlang

Hello,

I think there is no unique solution to Ogie’s question. Certainly, at one critical end, the no. of simultaneous calls can just be the no. of calls if all the calls are made at the same time. At the other end, these calls may spread evenly among the day. In other words, you can only get the upper and lower bounds to the answer:

upper = no. of calls during the day
    lower = no. of calls during the day * average ACD (say in sec)/24*60*60 sec

Please correct me if I’m not right.

Chris

I would like to add one thing to Erlang’s answer. I agree with his upper and lower bounds. I would add that when we use Erlang-B to provision a trunk (or whatever) we are estimating the number of simultaneous calls. For example, if we have 15 Erlangs in the busy hour and 1% blocking we would provision 24 servers (i.e. DS0s). In essence this is saying that 1% of the time we have 24 simultaneous users (maybe more that are blocked.)

That is one way to estimate the number of simultaneous calls (assuming you can use Erlang-B). There are other tools you could use to calculate the number if you had a system that you could take measurements on as well (but I think that is another discussion.)

Let me know what you think and feel free to send me an email (creece@awardsolutions.com) if you want to discuss this in more detail.

Thanks,

Chris

Ogie

Thanks Erlang and Chris! I really appreciate your answers. I just ask this question because I want to determine the time wherein the number of simultaneous calls reached the maximum.

BAha

What is/are the difference(s) between Erlang B and Erlang C tables?

Chris

Erlang B is used in a blocking system and Erlang C is used in a queueing system. With Erlang B the assumption is that an arriving call is either accepted into the system (is assigned a resource) or it is lost (blocked, sent to treatment, etc.) With Erlang C a call can queue for a period of time to see if a channel becomes free. If the time expires, the call is blocked. Erlang B is used in most public telecom networks (trunk provisioning, cell site provisioning, etc.) Erlang C is used in some networks where people call in to speak to a customer service rep (or something like that.)

I hope this helps.

Chris

Baha

that was really helpfull thank you Chris, now where can I find these tables? for both formulas? I’ve looked through the forum and I couldn’t find a link to them!

Chris

If you look at http://www.erlang.com/calculator/ will find the calculators. I have not tried them. Let me know how they work for you.

Chris

Saurabh Rastogi

a. What are the basis of planning of no of E1’s from a Mobile network to PSTN .
    b. Details on traffic dimensioning for a Mobile Network.

Balakrishnan S Naicker

ASR => “Answer Seizure Ratio” not “Attempting Size Ratio” as sombody said above.

ASR is the ratio of the number of successful calls
    over the total number of outgoing calls from a carrier’s network

madhu

i would like to know the meaning of DCTA and NVM

Balakrishnan S Naicker

NVM: Norstar Voice Mail.

one of the functionlities of NVM is Automatic answers for customers’ calls.
    Plz refer at
    http://www.daviscom.com/cust_secure/nvm40_set_Op.pdf for further details.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 102 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.