Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

BHCC and BHCA

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Wade

I am reading an article which mentions BHCC and BHCA, but the artical did not say what they stand for.

I gather they mean something on nubmer of call connections and completions (maybe per hour?), but would actually like to know what the exact wording is.

Thanks,
    Wade.

D. Lover

I know for sure that BHCC stands for Busy Hour Call Completions. I will assume that BHCA stands for Busy Hour Call Attempts.

koi

BHCA is Busy Hour Call Attempts.I use this from Traffic catergory measurement in our GSM network.
    But I didn’t really know BHCC.

Jose Quintero

BHCC,

Busy Hour call completion, meand the capacity of one PBX to establish call between Users

Richar Arcadi

I believe that BHCC means BHC Completion, as already posted. BHCA
    is already explained.

The relationship (for trunks with
    blocking = 0%), is as follows:

BHCC = BHCA * ASR

where ASR means Attemping Size Ratio, or the probability for a
    call to get a free channel and be
    completed (0% Blocking factor).

ASR is to be measured after operations, but a rough estimate for it is between 0.65 and 0.8.

Francois Rust

BHCA = BHCC x 3
    This is a rule of thumb. Does it still apply?

Muhammad Arshed. (pakista

Mainly Mr. Francois and Richar are correct. Mainly there should be a lot of difference between BHCA and BHCC.

Busy hour:

We define busy hour as a particular time in which the network experiences the maximum load.The period in which the maximum number of call attempts are made, this is called BHCA, the quantity of calls in one hour of time over the one tgrp is called BHCA of the TGRP.
    CA=successful calls +unsuccessful calls

the BHCC is calls completeed in busy hour. It is always less than BHCA. Because it excludes the unsuccessful calls.

BHCA =BHCC*ASR
    ASR in a normal network is 40%
    over the trunk it is 35% normally.

Ed Var

But going a little further, does somebody know the relationchip between BHCA and the effective traffic carried in the Network during the busy hour?

Alexis Reyes

If you have just one E1 or T1, then the effective traffic is given by BHCC calculation (# of completed calls * Mean holding time / 3600). Note that BHCA=BHCC.
    Traffic Offered is calculating the number of erlangs using Erlang B table based on the number of circuits available in the TG and GOS. Note 1 TG not ever is 1 E1 or 1 T1.

Alexis Reyes

BHCA is grather than or equal to BHCC

Arshed( Pakistan)

I have a question. UMTS is a solution for wireless network for the high bandwidth internet connection.

My question is, do we have such solution for fixed wireline network.

PVG, India

Is there any standard figure for BHCC figure? I have 1000 port PABX system. Can anybody tell me what should be the MINIMUM BHCC figure for my system?

Mike Walker

What is the optimum length of an experiment if you are trying to get 99.99 BHCC at 3000 BCHA?

Eric Kim

I heard that a E1 circuit can handle commonly about 300,000 minutes of traffic per month. Is that right?

If so, how can it be possbile?

http://sukcom.go.163.com

E1= 30 CH
    1 hour = 60 mins
    1 day =24 hours
    1 month = 30 days

30*60*24*30=

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 102 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.