Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

PS Drop while on FACH (3G)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Pix

Hi,

In ericsson W12, is there any reason for a PS data transfer (interactive background) to drop while being on FACH ?
    – HS and EUL drops are fine.
    – Other cells in the same sector are fine.
    – Speech is fine

Apart from the huge FACH drop rate (about 20% !), you would say the cell is perfectly fine…

Any guess is welcomed. Any better technical description of the problem would be great too, as I’m still learning…

thanks

pix

pix

ok, i understood that the FACH is totally overloaded on that specific cell. I suspect that’s because of an inter-RNC neighbour right in front of it, so lots of HS->FACH downswitch.
    Drops are caused by channel overload.

ater

OK load could be an issue but how do you know that the channel is loaded?
    On the other hand as this is a border cell. How are your mobility phase1 and phase2 settings?
    Have you tried to increase the power of the channel?

pix

hi ater,

Issue disappeared after the micro 3G site right in front of my problematic cell was swapped –> as soon as it was put in the same RNC, the FACH drop disappeared.

The root issue wasn’t caused by FACH load, as I supposed few weeks ago. Drops occured because it isn’t possible to do a inter-RNC SHO when in FACH. The FACH is supposed to be dropped before the UE moves to the inter-RNC neighbour. It’s a normal behaviour (at least in ericsson).

Regards
    pix

mkt

Pix
    The tilt formula you mentioned few years back ,
    What to do in case of 4 degree tilt as 4-8/2 equals to 0 and tan 0 is zero.
    This gives result as infinity.

Pl correct if wrong.

pix

it just means the upper lobe is pointing parallel to the horizon ( some might call it “horizontally”).

Just draw it, it will make sense i hope.

Cheers
    pix

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.