Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

EGSM_RR_ALLOCATION_Alloc_Strategy, ALU

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Dear All,

What is the impact of setting EGSM_RR_ALLOCATION_Alloc_Strategy to 0 or 1 in the Network, it is ALU.

We are using PGSM BCCH and PGSM TCH, does it mean the non G1 MS can not access ?

BR
    Ian

pix

hi Ian,

PGSM is the basic GSM band, everyone MS in the world can support this band 🙂

The problem is if your nw uses the G1 band, which is only available to EGSM mobiles. In such case, you must fine-tune your freq plan and your algorithms so that PGSM MS are not left behind, and are still able to connect to your network too.

In your case, PGSM only, the EGSM RR ALLOC parameter is useless. But I forgot the exact function of thie parameter.. so if you just post its definition then i might be able to help more.

Regards
    pix

ian

Hi Pix,

Thanks for your answer.looks like it should be set up to zero value. We have cells with only g1frequency, non accessible to non g1 mobiles but 99.5 percent of our mobiles are g1.

Thanks again for ur post
    Ian

pix

i strongly believe that 100% of your MS are G1, not 99.5% !! I really wonder what could be the remaining .5%

I know there used to be some pure 1800 MS, for Bouygues Tel, a very long time ago (back when dinosaurs were still rockin’), but i don’t think they swam their way over to pacific islands…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.