Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

GSM handover procedure

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    henk

Hi,

I am trying to understand the handover proceedure in GSM. I read the standard GSM 0508 but I got confused.
    In the BSS pre-processing section it is said, that handover reasons might be that x out of y values are below a threshold (e.g. RXLEV, PBGT).
    However, in the BSS decision algorithm there are other minimum levels for RXLEV and power budgets are taken into account.

Does “BSS decision algorithm” mean that this algorithm just selects and ranks the possible target cells but the handover reason is given by the threshold comparisons?

Thank you very much for your support!

/Hendrik

pix

hi,

BSS pre-processing should be related to the averaging of basic radio measurements (rxlev(s), rxlev(n), rxqual, ta)

BSS decision algorithm should be related to HO algorithms & best candidate selection. Therefore it can be divided into 2 separate processes :

1/
    if rxlev(s) < xxx and rxqual > yyy then HO is detected

2/
    if 1/ is true, then the best candidate cell is the one that verify rxlev(n)>rxlev(s) + zzz and which belong to a certain layer type (micro, umbrella, etc)… etc.

3GPP does not provide any kind of mandatory algorithms for handover or candidate selection. Just guidelines, that one might or might not respect 🙂

cheers$pix

Prabhakaran

Thanks for your support

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.