Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

O&M

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Stone

Hey people…i m new to this site…thought some of you could help me a bit…i’ve just joined a leading cellular service provider in India and have been placed in the O&M(operations & maintenance)department.i’ve just completed my B.E. and am a fresher hence no experience…so i’d be glad if anybody could tell me a bit about the future prospects about this department.its just been a month since i joined but i havent got a good impression about the work,mostly involves visiting the BTS sites and followin the same maintenance routine…there are even chances of me being posted outstation which i m not at all keen about…if you have any experience regardin this pls guide me…

gyanendra

hi,

my first & final advice – plz change u’r attitude. rome was not built in a day. everybody starts from the point u have started & mind u there is so much to learn in o & m u only need to explore.

& by the way when u get u’r first question i will appreciate it & may be try to answer it.

Pankaj

Couldn’t Agree with you more.

Stone, All these experiences will make you a confident telecom engineer in due course of time. If you had a white coller job in your mind, need to pursue for MBA from a very good institute. Otherwise start loving the practical knowledge that no school will teach you.

Mark Whalbourgh

Live the present properly then yu can think abt Future…

Yu have visited BTS-Sites …what you have done….what you observed….what you learnt…

Stone

Thanx ppl 4 ur replies…really appriciate tht…well u guys r rite in sayin tht i gotta start from scratch n tht neednt be a pleasurable exp. tht surely is a valid point.but there’s something else 2 n tht is the workin at my company…it surely isnt organised n planned at all…u can figure it out when i tell u tht even after 1 month of my joinin i havent been provided with a personal table n chair…sometimes in the conference room n sometimes in somebody else’s cabin..n its same 4 the other guys who joined with me…whts more they r not at all bothered abt trainin us i guess they’ve just assumed tht we’ll learn in due course of time…come on u got 2 hav some sort of a plan when u hire some1…i dont see any sort of a plan so far…well lets see if there’s ne progress here

Raj

Hi Gyanendra and all,
    Im New to the forum, your words have also influenced me,
    Can someone tell more on O&M Certification…do they help for future scope?
    Pl help…..

ravish goyal

Hey people…i m new to this site…thought some of you could help me a bit…i’ve just joined a leading cellular service provider in India and have been placed in the O&M(operations & maintenance)department.i’ve just completed my B.E. and am a fresher hence no experience…so i’d be glad if anybody could tell me a bit about the future prospects about this department.its just been a month since i joined but i havent got a good impression about the work,mostly involves visiting the BTS sites and followin the same maintenance routine…there are even chances of me being posted outstation which i m not at all keen about…if you have any experience regardin this pls guide me…

manjay kumar singh

plz give brief information about O&M(operations & maintenance)on ericsson equipment.

thanks alot

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.