Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Evolution 3G to 4g in different supplier

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ERIC

Hi,

Evolution to 4G is very easy in Ericsson because all their plateform 3G are compatible 4G:
    WPP plateform for SGSN is reusable of MME
    RBS 6000 for 2G BTS and 3G Nodeb are compatible 4G eNODEB
    JUNIPER GGSN is used for S-GW and P-GW
    It means that point of view architecture, a 3G network in Ericsson is equal to a 4G network
    Could you tell me if it is the same for the other vendors:
    ALU, NSN, HUWAI, ZTE.
    if no answer I will deduce that Ericsson is the best in term of architecture evolution ๐Ÿ™‚
    thank you

pix

if you deduce that from “no answer”, it means you are quite lazy ๐Ÿ™‚

most vendors have a re-useable approach when it comes to BSS and NSS HW, from 2G to 4G. The softwares too are usually compatible.

Ericsson does have an advantage regarding their HW, and it seems like they had the clearest vision right from the start… or maybe they just were very advanced in their hw design, compared to all the others.
    But their O&M SW is a pure nightmare… So all the money you saved by “reusing” the 2G/3G HW for 4G evolution, you may actually lost in operating & supervising costs ๐Ÿ™‚ (i may be a little dramatic…)

ERIC

Thanks pix,

I presume that you are talking about their O&M SW “OSS-RC” :), effectively around each 6 month a new version arrived, with little changes but enough to make it messy to use.
    fortunately for ericsson it is more financial people that have the final decision for the product nowadays and they don’t really care about the waste of time using a software (engineer are paid for that)
    and probably Ericsson is less expensive if we keep the same hardware.

But in any case if it seems that Ericsson has best hardware evolution, but…
    what about Huwai, it seems they are very good in copying the other, so is there some probabilities that they do better than ericsson ?
    Any Huwai supplier in this forum .. ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.