Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

BS_TXPWR_MAX in Alcatel B11

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Optimiser

Hello,
    I want to know what is the difference between BS_TXPWR_MAX and BS_TXPWR_ATTENUATION in ALCATEL B11. We can’t modify the BS_TXPWR_MAX at the OMC-R since migrating to B11. I was told the BS_TXPWR_ATTENUATION replaces this in B11, but we changed it on some cells and had no effect on the output power.

nits

Hi Optimiser,

BS_TXPWR_MAX – This parameter defines the power reduction relative to the attenuated maximum GMSK output power of the BTS. A finer power attenuation, BS_TXPWR_ATTENUATION defined in step of 0.1dB, is managed instead.

BS_TXPWR_ATTENUATION – This parameter defines the power reduction, expressed in 0.1dB, applied on the output power (after leveling)

You must use BS_TXPWR_ATTENUATION to optimize the power output.

regards,

pix

yes, in other words :

BS_TXPWR_MAX = BS_TXPWR_ATTENUATION * 10

BS_TXPWR_ATTENUATION is the only parameter to tune.

BS_TXPWR_MAX is not tuneable, but the name is kept so that it can still be “called” in PC & HO algorithms.

Cheers,
    pix

Optimiser

Thanks Pix, Nits.
    However, I want to ask if it is normal that we no more can change the bs_tx_pwr_max at the OMC-R since we migrated to B11?

pix

You may want to read our answers one more time.

learner_1

what is the output power of alcatel 9100 BTS..(e.g for other vendors like Zte it is 20W)and where it is specified, if there is any document please provide.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.