Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

BCCH Failure

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    M.Thyagarajan

Hey ,

you are confusing between what ts0 is and what i have mentioned , the time slots are mapped into the multiframe structure that both the MS and the BTS understand.You have to go to the frame structure of GSM to understand this better.

Obviously we will have sets of channels for BCCH and TCH the BCCH should not be in Hopping.

These are steps that are called related to RF Desigh based on these results you will choose the number and the location of the sites to be planned then we do the survey and go forward in this /

sam

thanks mr.thyagarajan. one more clarification: In one of the document relating GSM planning i found one question as follow:
    Calculate number of site required to cover 1,000 sqkm area, assuming each site has 3-sect cell each covering 3km?

Soln was given as follow:
    Coverage per site= k * 3^2=17.55
    where k=1.95
    Total number sites=1000/17.55=57app

I didnt understood what is k here and is this sol correct. if correct pls let me know what are parameters assumed in this sol.

M.Thyagarajan

The formula mentioned is the theortical way to caliculate the coverage area of a site , but this is not the way to plan for sites as the coverage area depends on the level u want to acheive and the cluter of the area ok.

jood

hi sam
    assume that the coverage area of cell have radious =R
    & the distance between site to site is= D
    & the number of sites youcan put on all your freq=(reuse pattern)
    Reuse pattern may be 4 sites, 3, or 7 sites as you like.so the num of site in reuse pattern is K or (reuse factor). which allow you to reuse the freqs in another pattern. so you plan small reuse or large.
    D= squ Root(3KR).

M.Thyagarajan

hey sam and jood,

the formula that jood mention here is for the site to site distance to avoid any interference as u can see d proportional to reuse pattern , if the reuse is less the distance has to be reduced ,.

But u must have capacity of the site under consideration to i,e u might have a D very large but the sites would get congested ,

For me it has to be a compromise of capacity + coverage range u should max erl per sq Km of the site to get the best quality of network

jood

hi M.Thyagarajan & sam
    Notice that the reuse pattern is affected by how much capacity you would like to offer according to your limmited freq spectrum.
    # small reuse=>> high capacity & high interference risk(need to use some interference compat technics)
    # large reuse=>> low capacity & low interference.
    …The three main issues to define reuse pattern is (CAPACITY, COVERAGE & ANTENNA HEIGHT).

sam

thanks to jood & M.T who took out there time to answer my question.

sam

Is there anyway to know what are the equipments,modules,digital cards,make, connection diagram used in BTS.Pls let me know if there is any website for this

How many TRX we can have in 1 BTS/BSC considering hardware in BTS, like which card supports how many TRX and how many cards we can have(min & Max).

jood

Hi sam
    generally:
    BTS contain three main level (as cards).
    1) Antenna coupling level, diff name for it from diff vendor(ANT or CDU……) but mainly it contain (tx combiner+duplexer tx/rx+ rx spliter+ rx,tx filter+ LNA+VSWR detection)
    2) TRX level (coder & decoder+channel coding & decoding + VSWR supervission + modulation schame (GMSK or 8PSK)and each trx contain 8Ts)each module is integrated with differ feature(HR,FR,EFR,FH,diversity & some ciphering algorithm)& also handling radio signaling link protocol.
    3) Base station function level (it mainly performed by central prosesing unit(SUMA or DXU ….as the vendor define)SO it Generating the clock (internal or syncoronise with external clock), Hndling A-bis TX, Ensuring O&M, Handling OML,Qmux(transimission protocol..& some else control function as the vendor.
    # the configuration of TRX may extended up to 12/12/12 for each sectors.

sam

thanks a lot jood. ur explanation was really beautiful.

Are document relating each level available on net?
    regards,
    sam.

monem

Hi JD
    It is important to dimension the OL subcell so it will be
    congested before the UL cell since traffic can “spill
    over” from the OL subcell to the UL subcell.
    if the SCLD active
    you should adjust LOL+ LOLHYST & TAOL+ TAOLHYST.
    then you should fine tune the SCLDUL & SCLDLL which they can inhipit the HO from OL to UL when there is congestion.

jood

Hi sam
    declare your Email to send you what I can(according to my vendor).
    BUT,,About suppoting web??? I dont know …. you can browse for them.

sam

hi jood,

thanks a lot for ur effort. my email id is sammy123t@yahoo.com.

regards,
    sam

…….

Hi JD
    It is important to dimension the OL subcell so it will be
    congested before the UL cell since traffic can “spill
    over” from the OL subcell to the UL subcell.
    if the SCLD active
    you should adjust LOL+ LOLHYST & TAOL+ TAOLHYST.
    then you should fine tune the SCLDUL & SCLDLL which they can inhipit the HO from OL to UL when there is congestion.

sam

thanks monem for your help.

can anyone tell me what is TRAU’s basic function? why it is needed? How many trx (maximum) can be mapped on 1 E1 line? What is this OL & UL which is frequently talked about on this forum.

regards,
    sam.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.