Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

BCCH Failure

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Chefo

Monem,
    The HO procedure, unless it is a SDCCH handover, does not involve any usage of SDCCH channel at all. The signaling during handover is carried over FACCH (subchannel in TCH/SACCH/FACCH group). As I said in SDCCH HO the procedure is quite different, but I assume it is not what you’re interested in, right?

sam

thanks a lot chefo.

monem

thanks chefo:
    further more what did you mean by SDCCH hand over (technicaly).
    Regards.

Chefo

OK,
    The connection, as you know, can be carried by TCH as well as by SDCCH (SMS or LU for example), there are another data services which are served by the SDCCH as well. This requires the dedicated SDCCH to be used longer than in call setup procedure. During this extended use, esspecialy when the mobile is moving fast there might be a need to be made a handover to another cell. As the channel in use is SDCCH, the handover is made from one SDCCH to another.

monem

it is realy good clarification.
    Thanks alot Chefo.

jood

Hi All
    we use adaptive configuration for phisycal channel.so we just defined basic load for SDCCH (recommendation table). thus we cannt have touch with manual dimenssioning (which is make more khnowledge than auto dimention).
    So i think any engineer must have expereince on manual dimenssion, to it clear for whole physical channel.
    regards.

sam

hi chefo,

please tell me about drive test and benchmarking. What are the parameters generally we look for when we do the drive test and benchmarking. thanks in advance.

Chefo

Hi Sam,
    Sorry but to give you what you want requires realy long presentation. Drive testing is a method which allowes you to monitor very large number of parameters of the network. What parameter you will look for is depending on what are your targets. Is it call setup success rate or call setup troubleshooting? Is it HO succ.rate or quality of service? Or maybe interference level, coverage? You see – there are a lot of things. I can answer to your specific question, but to teach you of all this, requires a lot of time and this forum is not the place. Where are you working? Ask for your employers to arrange a training for this!

Regards,
    Chefo

monem

Hi All
    Hi chefo
    kindly which radio level definetily has trigger the use of half rate is it MS or BTS or BSC.
    moreover i need to know how half rate performance has transfered on physical channel.(what the effect of IDLE/TCH and SACCH/TCH on this trasferring performance).
    thank in advance.

Ring tone

Hi,

Ringtones traverse on which channel. Is it SDCCH???

Rgds,
    Buddha

sam

hi chefo,

I am working in dubai as RF engineer but not in GSM or CDMA domain. I have very much interest in GSM and making career in same. But the position of market is such that employer expect a lot from you if u want to work in gsm.So I found this forum and luckly you. I can understand that you cannot answer my all question but anyway I am happy with your replies and hope u will do in future too. thanks again

Boko

For SDDCH Dimensioning.
    If you vendor support this you can use initially some mixed TS – TSHSD (Tch/Sdcch) and after some data collection to decide to use them as clear SDCCH or clear TCH

Rgds,
    Boko

Chefo

Sam, sure – no problem, as it is in my expertize area, just ask!
    Monem, the half-rate generaly is triggered by the BSC, depending on the features of the BSS and the according parameters. From my experience with couple of vendors, it depends of the TCH load of the cell (mean the percentage of idle TCHs) and if it is lower than some treshold – every next call setup is assigned a TCH/H.

M.Thyagarajan

it is mobile dependent as well as all mobiles don’t support HR,

madhu

Dear Chefo,
    your right
    1)the half-rate generaly is triggered by the BSC.
    2)It also depends whether mobiles support half-rate.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 84 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.