Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

UL TBF ASR

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Agha

Hi All,
    In Huawei, i have found some culprit cells on which UL ASR(GPRS) is decreased(not more than 30%) and mostly Failure due to MS no response(All EDGE KPI’s are perfect and no congestion at all and PDCH are on BCCH).
    Dear PIX/Bijoy,
    please share root cause?

Agha

plz response…PIX/Bijoy.

pix

agha,

The problem happens only on some cells, so it’s probably a radio problem. I would suspect that the radio conditions are not good on this BCCH, and perhaps you’re requiring an init coding scheme which is too “high”.

Try reducing the init CS in Dl and UL to CS-1.

By the way, what is “ASR” ? Is it estab success rate or “retainability” success rate ?

Do you mean there is a TBF drop=70% for GPRS transfers?
    But how many transfers in GPRS are there? Many phones are EGPRS capable. You are perhaps worrying about RA update of very old phones which are not able to perform well in GPRS ?

Agha

Thanks PIX for your response.
    first it’s Estab. success rate. Now i will change init CS scheme although its on default values then i will share the results.

Thanks.

pix

hi agha,

i thought it was the retainability rate (1-drop%), yet my previous answer might still help.

regards
    pix

Agha

Hi Pix,
    Thanks for all below but after implementation no improvement is observed so i revert back.now i disable UL PC and share results.

pix

agha,
    disabling ul pc is a good idea 🙂
    what are your current gamma and alpha settings?

Agha

Pix,
    Current on N/w
    Alpha – 10
    Gamma – 18

Now i have disabled UL PC and still degradation.i will modify T3168 for handle this issue? what u say..

pix

ok, let’s recap : your UL TBF Establishment Success Rate = 30% in some cells, and the cause of failure is “MS no response”.

Are you sure it is not due to some kind of congestion ? BSC congestion for example ?

30% is was too low to be fixed with parameters fine tuning. You should focus on BTS configuration and hardware congestion or hw fault.

Your UL gprs PC settings were very “safe” 😉

Have you tried rebooting the cell ?

Can you see a pattern ? Maybe all failures are occuring on one specific BSC board ?

Regards,
    pix

Agha

Pix,
    It’s not due to BSC congestion cuz problem is on some cells of multiple BSC’s.and the main point is that “EDGE is going well but GPRS failure due to Ms no response or vice versa”. i think its some kind of error so rebooting is a best option.i will share BM results.
    ANd one more question ::I am conducting PS OMO DT and i observed some cells on which MCS9,3 TS and no Abis congestion but Throughput is less.Possible reasons?

Thanks

Agha

Hi PIX,
    Sorry for late reply, as i am out of work.BM to query(MS No response)when i disabled Ul PC so after 02 days, TBF Establishment Rate is improved to 90% and MS no response is reduced.
    It may be due to some users that change Stats.The main thing Issue is resloved Now i revert it to default and issue repeat again and now i will check Averaging window for Trial.Otherwisw i have a tool for correct this:)
    Thanks for nice cooperation.

ghamiz

so Agha dear, so did you check what change caused improvement? it would be really nice to hear your experience.

Ian

Try :

Alpha=0 and Gama_TNx=0 @cell Level

if you are using ALU.

rgrds
    Ian

sds

hi Pix,
    we have also high value in MS no response. Is it possible it is due to IMEI unidentified MS which can access the network for voice but not for data?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.