Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

neighbour limitation in GSM

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gyanendra

hi all,

want to start a discussion about what is the max no of neighbours that can be defined in a cell for gsm 900 & gsm 1800 & what is the limiting factor.

gyanendra

hi

it is disgusting to see that nobody is interested in such an important & interesting topic. by the way i got my information. the gsm specified limitation is 64 neighbors but no mobile can scan for more than 32 neighbors. so this is the practicle limit.

this is for the information of all

gyanendra

Nguyen

I’m interested what ETSI or 3GPP documentation talk about these limitations for neighbours (64) and for MS (32)?

Sudhir

Its not a question of interest if you check the forum these topics were discussed earlier. This is one of the basic thing a RF engineer should know.

Hi Sudir

can u tell why the limitation of 64 neighbors keeping in view the sys info messages. the information about neighbors comes in sys info 2 in idle mode & sys info 5 in dedicated mode. now this information is in the form of a bitmap of 124 bits for GSM 900. so the theoritical limit should have been 124 neighbors as each bit signifies a neighbor ARFCN.

realy thankful to u if u can help me out.

gyanendra.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.