Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Electricity savings by locking TRX

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Dan

It is planned to lock 50% of TRXs in all sites, during night hours, to reduce electricity consumption.will it work??

pix

hi dan,

most vendor offers a facility called “dynamic power saving”, which will dynamically shut down the timeslots which are not used.

I’m not sure you need to lock 50% of your TRX every night anymore, in 2012.

Otherwise, yeah, sure, that will work and should be considered as a good alternative !

Go green !
    Regards,
    pix

Dan

If i lock 50% TRX ,will i get 50% savings?

SHELDON

I doubt you will get 50% savings.

You have to recognise that it’s not only TRXs that consume power at the site. You also have stuff like airconditioning, lighting and fans in the RBS.

The percentage of saving when you lock 50% of your TRXs is quite difficult to calculate, but I’ll guess a value in the range of 10-20%.

pix

and there is a risk that one morning, the unlock is not performed properly… so you have to check each site one by one… oO

i’m 100% certain that your vendor provides this feature already !

Dan

failed results are saved as txt , so checking it would solve that.Thanks Pix and Sheldon

Tanuj

Yes this feature is present in almost all new equipment nowadays, in Huawei 2G its called Dynamic Shutdown, but many times the trx does not get unlocked itself so we have disabled this feature in our NW

Dan

Weve started the lock/unlock process but some BSCs are showing issues like one way speech ,after unlock:-(

pix

dan,

ooops… that’s bad then ? on top of that, one way speech is very difficult to diagnose… (i can detect it because the tch duration is very short : ppl are hanging up quickly)
    does it disappear when you reset the TRX ?

which vendor are u using ?

tanuj -> dynamic power saving is (generally) not shutting down the whole TRX, it just shut down the amplifier during the timeslots which are not used.
    of course, it might work differently in huawei.

regards
    pix

Dan

Pix,
    Its Huawei , in dual band sites we are experiencing the speech problem.Once the site is reset ,problem is solved.BTW dynamic power saving feature is there ,but as of now no license:(

rsk

Dan, r u in coimbatore

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.