Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

T10 timer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Cellular

Hi. I wanted to know if GSM T10 timer works only for handovers or is it for call setup also? If I increase the value of T10, will it improve my TCH Asgn Succ Rate? It is currently set to 16.

Thank You.

korgi

“The timer T10 starts before the BSC sends a PHYSICAL_CONTEXT_REQUEST message to the BTS.

The timer T10 stops when the MS sends either an ASSIGNMENT_COMPLETE or an ASSIGNMENT_FAILURE message to the
    BSC. When the timer T10 expires, the BSC sends an ASSIGNMENT_FAILURE message to the MSC.”

Actually its default value is 8 and yours 16. I wonder the effects of values which are higher than the current ones :))

pix

hi, this timer intends to deallocate the resource allocated if the MS is not able to use it.

keeping the resource (= 1 TCH) for 8s means it cannot be allocated to anyone else in the meanwhile.

therefore, the main effect will be congestion increase.

But of course, it will increase the chances that the MS finally gets through and manages to get its TCH.

Be wary that 16 might mean “8s3, it all depends on how it is hardcoded in your system.

From previour post, it looks like T10 is only used for intracell HO and call setup, but this has to be verified.

regards
    pix

Fakhrul

Dear Experts,

T10 is the BSC queuing timer?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.