Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Diff b/w DTM capable classB & ClassC MS

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    N.Selvakumar

Could you please tell me the difference between Class B MS (which has DTM capability) and Class C MS..?

Thanks in Advance.

And query regarding this “Erlang” forum. Can I sort out all my “Posted articles” from all…?

N.Selvakumar

Could you please tell me the difference between Class B MS (which has DTM capability) and Class C MS..?

Thanks in Advance.

And query regarding this “Erlang” forum. Can I sort out all my “Posted articles” from all…?

Vicky_RF

DTM is a protocol based on the GSM standard that makes simultaneous transfer of CS and PS data over the same radio channel simpler. Without DTM, the mobile device must be capable of reception and transmission simultaneously (full-duplex) requiring complex and expensive circuitry in the mobile terminal. With DTM this requirement doesn’t exist and makes the device implementation cheaper.GSM/EDGE device with simultaneous CS/PS capability was supported, but only for Class A GPRS devices. With DTM, a mobile phone capable can be engaged in both CS and PS call and simultaneous voice and packet data connection in GSM/EDGE networks with the lower Class B requirements thus having a simpler half duplex circuitry due to co-ordination of the timeslot allocations in uplink and downlink for both voice and data. Older devices in Class B without DTM capability could still receive CS calls while having an active PS session. With these devices, the PS connection is put on hold for the duration of the voice call. After the voice call terminates, the data connection resumes data transfer.but in the C class MS need to select CS or PS services manually.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.