Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Puncturing scheme EDGE/GPRS

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Pablo

Dear All,

Does puncturing scheme affect the max. throughput per 1 timeslot? For instance, for MCS5 max. throughput per 1 TS is 22.4kbit/s. How this value will be changed for P2 or P3?

Best regards,
    Pablo

Mousam jha

Dear Pablo,
    Can u please clear me puncturing scheme at which stage u r talking about and for which technology?

Pablo

Dear Mousam jha,

I am talking about EDGE.

Best regards,
    Pablo

Pablo

Dear Mousam jha,

The puncturing is applied during retransmissions. What do you mean by asking ‘which stage’?

Best regards,
    Pablo

pix

pablo,

no, the puncturing scheme will not change the throughput at all ! The 3 puncturing schemes (P1 P2 P3) are “optimizing” the throughput in the same way. The value “22.4” already takes into account the benefit brought by puncturing.

however, to be realistic, you should decrease the theoretical throughput by 10%, to take into account RLC retransmissions.

regards
    pix

Pablo

Dear Pix,

Thanks a lot for the answer.

For first transmission, does P1 has to be used or it might be P2 or P3 as well? [EDGE]

Best regards,
    Pablo

pix

P1 is used for 1st transmissions, always.

P2 and P3 are only used when necessary, during retransmissions based on I.R. and when there is no resegmentation.

If you need to know those details, then I recommend you read the 3GPP directly ! I’m not sure why you need to know that, though…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.