- This topic is empty.
22nd April 2012 at 15:19 #68142Patrick O.Guest
I am writing a paper for school which is due in couple weeks. The paper is about Vertical Handovers, specifically a comparison framework for different types of handover algorithms. I just had a few questions i wanted to ask and was wondering if anyone can answer them. Here are the questions then:
– In your opinion, what is the definition of a Vertical Handover or VHO ?
– What are the advantages of Vertical Handovers over Horizontal Handovers ?
– What are the reasons that could lead to Handover failure ?
– What in your opinion, are the most important criteria for judging the performance of a Vertical Handover Algorithm ?
– Being that there are many different algorithms developed for carrying out a handover, is there any VHO algorithm or approach that is better than the other or are they all just as good ?
– What efforts are being made by the Wireless Communications industry to address the issue of standardization in Vertical Handover techniques ?
– What are the current issues in Vertical Handovers and Mobile IPv6 that are being tackled in the Wireless Communications industry ?
– What new advancements have been made in the areas of research and development in this field ?
– Is there a possibility in future advancements that latency will be completely eliminated for Vertical Handover ?
Any feedback would be most appreciated.