Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Vertical Handovers

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Patrick O.

Hello all,

I am writing a paper for school which is due in couple weeks. The paper is about Vertical Handovers, specifically a comparison framework for different types of handover algorithms. I just had a few questions i wanted to ask and was wondering if anyone can answer them. Here are the questions then:

– In your opinion, what is the definition of a Vertical Handover or VHO ?

– What are the advantages of Vertical Handovers over Horizontal Handovers ?

– What are the reasons that could lead to Handover failure ?

– What in your opinion, are the most important criteria for judging the performance of a Vertical Handover Algorithm ?

– Being that there are many different algorithms developed for carrying out a handover, is there any VHO algorithm or approach that is better than the other or are they all just as good ?

– What efforts are being made by the Wireless Communications industry to address the issue of standardization in Vertical Handover techniques ?

– What are the current issues in Vertical Handovers and Mobile IPv6 that are being tackled in the Wireless Communications industry ?

– What new advancements have been made in the areas of research and development in this field ?

– Is there a possibility in future advancements that latency will be completely eliminated for Vertical Handover ?

Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.