Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Extended Cell with ALU

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Dear All,

Do you know which parameter(s) to activate with ALU B10 in order to allow a call over 35km GSM limit ?

Do you have parameters for GPRS to go over this limit ?

Thanks
    Ian

pix

hi ian,

the procedure should be available in the generic customer doc. If you don’t have it, then I can share this procedure here.

cheers
    pix

pix

*** part 1 ***
    hi ian,

you must create 2 logical cells (with at least 1 TRX in each cell)
    The cell type should be:
    for 1 cell : EXTENDED OUTER CELL
    for other cell : EXTENDED INNER CELL

both cells are transmitting through the same antenna (if you want), same combiner, etc. Instead of having 1 cell with 2 TRX, you must change it to 2 cells of 1 TRX. But each cell should belong to a different “logical” sector of the BTS.

BSIC should be the same for both cells.

pix

*** part 2 ***

Once it is done, you should “pair” those two cells:
    in one of the cells:
    RNUSM > Edit cell > Cell information > Cell description
    Mate Cell / LAC = the LAC of the “paired” cell.
    Mate Cell / CI = the Cell ID of the paired cell.
    As far as i know, you just do it for one of the cell, and the other will be updated accordingly.

You can also do the pairing during the cell’s creation.

One cell (extended inner) covers the range from 0 to 35 km and another cell (extended outer) covers the range from 35 to 70 km.

Some constraints:
    – feature “extended cell” should be available in OMCR
    – The extended cell supports only non-hopping TRXs
    – the inner cell shall be barred (traffic will be sent from the outer cell automatically)
    – same LAC
    – same BSIC
    – same RA
    – GPRS should be configured in each cell (if you activate only in inner cell, then it won’t be activated automatically in outer cell)
    – 2 different frequencies between both cells, of course. (incl. different BCCH)
    – When inner outer extended cells are created in the PRC, operator must keep them locked in the PRC. He shall launch “unlock” command on both, only in the SC.
    – BCCH and static SDCCH configuration must be the same for the inner and outer extended cell (incl. AG BLKS RES config…).

pix

*** part 3 ***

FYI
    – OMC forces the TS7 of the outer BCCH TRX to idle (interference purposes) – it is done by omcr, not by operator.

other rules:
    EN_SYNCHRONISED_HO shall be set to disabled when CELL_TYPE is equal to “Extended inner” or “Extended outer”.
    The frequency range of an extended inner cell has to be the same as the frequency range of the corresponding extended outer cell, where PGSM and EGSM are here considered as belonging to the same frequency range.
    When cell_type = “extended outer”, then MAX_EGPRS_MCS should be less or equal to MCS-4
    -When MIN_PDCH should be greater than 0 and cell_type = “extended inner” or “extended outer”, then MIN_PDCH shall be an even number

pix

*** transmission over ***

IAN

Hi Pix,

Thanks a lot, let me try this !

BR
    Ian

paraHO

just interested but what are your conditions you have that requires extended cell?

Ian

Hi Paraho,

We need extended cell for Inter_Islands handover in the Pacific area.

BR
    Ian

pix

mmmm… that’s interesting 😉
    I wonder between which islands… can you give me some tips ? 🙂

Ian

Pix,

around Tuamotu.

thanks again for advices below.

br
    Ian

paraHO

Thanks Ian. Apart from the other main island next to tuamotu quite a number of other islands in Pacific area. The Atoll Tauere Island looks amazing.

mallu

i got some help doc at below nice web

http://www.telecomsource.net

Ian

Thanks Mallu,

I also have a similar site on Linkedin ” 3G-LTE Optimisation engineers”, you are all welcome to join to discuss 3G-LTE technical stuff.

BR
    Ian

pix

i see that you are a hardcore freelance ! 🙂 i wonder what is your daily rate (min – max), if you don’t mind sharing… (or reply by email, if you do)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.