Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Subscriber info in AXE-10

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Prabhakar Verma

Dear Sweety Skaria, the best thing for you is to get hold of CME 20 of ericsson and treat it as a bible.. ..

hi !!!
    WizzurD ,MGSSP:imsi=XXXXXXXX; command will give you the location of the BSC the subscriber is currently located in …

Karthik

IS there a equivalent of CTRAI command on Nortel Switch(DMS 100) to take a live call trace?

Chachi

Karthik
    You are looking for call trace on Nortel? GSM or TDMA?

Karthik

It is Nortel GSM

Sweety

CME 20? What is it actually? I know about Alex, holy book of Ericsson.

Sweety

I am now taking part of Roaming, B-number with my company. I am not revealed to BSC much. No good exposure to RP, Group switch, etc.,

My life is going around IMSI, B-number, MSRN, C7, SCP & SDP.

Am I progressing in the right direction? Or am I being used for lack of man power with dummy departments?

Please explain…..

VK

Dear all,

I have a doubt regarding ‘roaming’. At present I am working for a tie-up with mobile operators in South east asian countries.

Actually, there were some problems with MTC. The operator is getting a REL message (Unable to route to the destination).

They were able to send me a trace. It shows ‘calling adress signals’ as ‘0019198xxxx’. ‘0091xxx’ is the code for India. What does 1 has to do between 00 & 91xxxx. When enquired they told me as some suffix. I am unsure about it. How to go about it?

prabhakar Verma

Dear VK…
    Pls change it from 0019198 to 009198

VK

Prabhakar,

I got the answer. Operators in Indonesia have to prefix 001 while making a ISD call. Their carrier would supress the same. Clarified with the operator.

Thanks anyway.

chachi

Karthik
    Nortel has a tool called Element Manager, where you can run a trace on IMSI or MSISDN. It will provide called num, calling num, Lac/CID, trunk group, etc.

Karthik

Hi Chachi,

Can you give me some more information on this Element Manager tool? Is it part of the OMC-S application or is it part of the CI?

Karthik

Hi Chachi,

This Element Manager is a tool specific to CDMA Nortel Switches. Is there any tool for GSM Nortel Switches similar to CTRAI in AXE-10? Calltrak is not what I am looking for…

chachi

Hi Karthik
    There is also MTRACE, but it is a bit cumbersome. I suggest submitting a feature request to Nortel, there are virtually no good tools for this.

sweety

Hi,
    CME-20 is the name of ericsson gsm hardware required for setting up gsm network.

regards,
    atul.

Cash

Sunil is 100% right:The only way you can use CTRAI is on a live network call! One que though :I want to know the procedure for tracing a call path from the BTS to another BTS (Both ms to ms[MO])

BR
    LacAsh

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.