Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

AGCH impact on HOSR & DROP??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mic

Hi Forum,

I have 2 vendors in my Network..ALU & ZTE.

To Improve PSR we changed AG Blocks Res from 2 to 1, We Observed there is Degradation in HOSR & Drop Calls increased.. Is there any Logic behind this..Please Explain.

Secondaly, I have seen some doc that to Improve PSR AG Blks Res can be kept 0, Then why Vendor recommend it to keep it to 1 or 2???

What happens when we increase AG Blocks..

Mic

Hi forum,
    can any body reply to my below question & doubts….Pix please do the needful

pix

hi mic,

default value for AG Blk Res is = 4, not 1 or 2.

with 0 or 1, you should activate the dynamic preemption of PCH by AGCH (called AG_PREEMPT).

The KPIs used to monitor PCH and AGCH resources are:
    – PCH blocks discarded due to congestion
    – AGCH blocks discarded due to congestion

So my advice, as a starting point :
    AG_PREEMPT = Disable
    AG_BLKS_RES = 4

Then once you have an idea about your PCH load and AGCH load, you can fine tune it, and maybe activate the dynamic preemption.

BTW, when dynamic preemption is enabled, you can’t know what are the loads of agch and pch, as their capacities is now “dynamic”. It prevents any possible load computation. However the blks discarded due to congestion are still available.

when agch is congested (as it certainly was when you put ag blks res = 1), immediate assignments are discarded. This will increase the agch congestion %, obviously, but not any other KPI…
    This should not impact cd% or hos%, so I don’t know what happened in your network.

cheers
    pix

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.