Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

HO Attempt

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    last123

We had a discustion with my friend about HO Attempt.

When MS camp on cell A, cell B getting better values than cell A, but Cell B is congested cell.In this case, I wonder if Cell A attempt to HO to the Cell B?

pix

hi last,

the MS will not actually attempt the handover : the ho is requested to cell B, but is rejected due to congestion. therefore the BSC will count this ho as “failed”, but the MS was actually not aware of what was being planned. The MS receives the HO Command only when the BSC has managed to seize a TCH in the target cell. Not before.

Regards
    pix

last123

Thanks Pix,

I thought HO command is given and it is rejected. So we can not say congestion can not be reason of HO Failure.

Last question about it: When I get “immediate assignment extended” message?

thanks in advance..

NICK

BSC being the resource master is aware of the resources at the target cell so if their are no resources at target cell BSC will not initiate an handover command to MS.

However in case of interBSC handovers where the information about target BSC resources is not avaliable with originating BSC , Handover Failure will be seen in case of congestion.

pix

last123,

“I.A.extended” contains an immediate assignment commands for 2 MS in one message. I guess the BTS uses this format most of the time, in order to minimize AGCH load (? to be verified ?)

cheers
    pix

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.