Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

RF issues

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sudhir

Hi,

Need some help from some of the best RF engineers in this forum. i have recently started working as a RF Optimization Engineer. Questions will follow as i really understand the basics of RF optimization:

heres one of the basic question

In a dual band network whats the criteria for Handovers:
    i mean from 1800 to 900 and
    from 900 to 1800, what should be the signal levels.(one think to be kept in mind for indoor coverage i want more traffic to be on the 900 band.)

Zaman

So I want…

gynanendra sinha

hi sudhir
    what type of bss u r using ?

thanks

aliyu

sudhir, what vendor equipment do you use?

JCD

I’m not sure if I understand your question precisely… but Handover follows a lot of criteria depending on the configuration of a particular BTS.. Power, Signale Strength, congestions, Adjacencies etc… it’s really depend on how your RF engineers configured your network of your BTS sites… Now, in an ideal situation, the 900 band will normally accept the handover.. but again in some networks, it is configured to pass the handover on the 1800 band.

gyanendra

hi sudhir,

i think it is a bit late by now but still did u find any answer to ur question or not. i really appreciate ur question. if u have got answar then please let me know. if not then we can discuss further.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.