Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

puncturing and IR

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sudan

hi all,

could you tell me what is puncturing?
    Is it a way to add some bit error coding according to a Puncturing Scheem to a block during the Incremental Redundancy?

thank you

sudan

no answer?
    I just want to be sure?
    What I understand is :
    taking one block, split this block
    adding error coding to sublock according to a puncuring scheme , and rebuild the blocks in one block and split the block in burst and send the burst on the air interface
    please tell me if I am right

thank you

pix

hi sudan,
    the RLC layer receives one LLC frame
    this frame is divided into RLC blocks, with variable size length, depending on the MCS chosen (by RLC layer)

each block is then CODED (convolutional coding) of 1/3 for 8PSK and 1/2 for GMSK.
    So if block = 500 bits and 8PSK modulatio is chosen, then coded block = 500*3 = 1500 bits.

And then the PUNCTURING occurs, which erases a certain amount of bits, located a certain places in the coded block.
    Therefore, the final size of the RLC Block is strongly reduced, in order to fit into radio timeslots.

try out this book :

books.google.com/books?id=y4_nqAIt_QEC&pg=PA50&lpg=PA50&dq=RLC+block+puncturing&source=bl&ots=JpcwYXioDG&sig=LxLvsZApw5J7NHdQkO1BluDhpns&hl=en&ei=wRapTpOwHILd4QTq9qXZDw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CC0Q6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=RLC%20block%20puncturing&f=false

sudan

thanks Pix

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.