Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Intra Sector Swap

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    DK

Hi All

What could be the consequences of Intra Sector swap.If the cables of Tx and Rx are swaped no calls i suspect.

pix

hi,
    if you swap the two antenna feeders of sector 1, there is no effect.

if you connect the TX or the RX of a TRX of sector 1 into the combiner of sector 2, then you have a problem. This TRX will be logically in sector 1 but will cover sector 2’s azimuth.

if you swap one antenna feeder of sector 1 with one antenna feeder of sector 2, then you have a problem : half the TRX of one sector will have their TX in the other sector.

regards
    pix

DK

Thanx very much for the reply, may be i wud sound stupid but actually i meant the Tx and diversity Rx cable of one antenna are inter swaped.Then what……

pix

i don’t know what kind of antennas you are using, but usually there are no “tx” and “rx” feeders towards the antenna.
    each feeder contains a “mix” of tx and rx signals, from several TRX.
    anyway, if you invert feeder A of antenna 1 with feeder B of antenna 1, then there is no problem. It’s exactly the 1st scenario I described in my previous answer ๐Ÿ˜‰

cheers
    pix

kamoli

i think pix is right,as you can connect the TX/RX & RX feeder of the same sector to any port of the two ports of the antenna

pix

kamoli, thanks for the support!

but you should be more assertive: “I think” should be “I confirm” ๐Ÿ™‚ If you hesitate, then they will eat you alive! ๐Ÿ˜€

aye

Hi DK,

As I understand, your query is like you have the RX and TX cables of more than one TRX swapped going to the combiner unit(assuming that the Transceiver module is not a Dual TRX).

If this is your case, then there might be some issue on the RX Diversity. This could result to bad uplink quality on that cell that may lead to more drop call.
    You can still make calls on the cell.

rgrds.

DK

My bad folks actually its me who’s living in ancient times.I was talking about the old antennae used to be deployed earlier having one TX/RX cable and one RX cable for diversity, now we have antennae with both cable capable of TX/RX so as pix said there would be no issue with swapping them.

pix

DK,
    it’s exactly what i thought (that you were living in ancient times!)
    well, you can now enjoy the present as if it were your future! how mind-blowing!

cheers ๐Ÿ™‚

pix

DK

Sorry to this pix but the future seems to be dim in tele……..:( as per my analysis tele is a one tym investment till your roll out then its just a maintainence and quality programme then comes the huge cost cutting etc…sorry mates i knw it ain’t a bit of technical post but smtimes u hv 2 analysis d job n business aspects of tele 2…..afte all its all the business ppl who bang our a$$es………..:) i hope i hv nt offended any1.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.