Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Convert from E1 to T1 using pinout

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Surf

Hello expert colleagues!

I have an ETSI compliant MUX converting STM-1/E1, but i want to use this in an ANSI network! Is there a way i can physically convert 1xE1 on this MUX to T1?

please help;

thansk you

Geek

Pinout and impedance vice you might get the interfaces to work, but the signal rate and structure is completely different.

E1 and T1 (DS1) are not compliant.
    E1 is 2.048Mbps signal with 32 64kbps timeslots.
    T1 is 1.544Mbps signal with 24 64kbps timeslots. Usually only 56kbps is used for speach and 8kbps for signalling.

Surf

Hello Geek

thanks for the assistance

I was thinking perhaps since the bit-rate for both E1 and T1 is 64kbps, we could administratively block 8 bits in the E1?? but i suppose the framing will be the probklem??

Geek

The time slots in the E1/T1 is 64kbps. But the entire E1/T1 have different amount of time slots.
    So the total rate is quite different.
    E1= 2.048Mbps
    T1= 1.544Mbps

The time slots are built up by samples of 8bits(ETSI E0) and 8 or 7 bits (ANSI DS0). Sampling rate at 8kHz gives time slot rate of 64kbps or 56kbps.

A ANSI standard phone call and the ETSI phone call in each time slot are not compliant in coding and need to be converted as well.

But your problem is more related to E1/T1 level, so the DS0 or E0 (time slot)level does not matter for the E1 to STM-1 mux.

Further on, a ETSI STM-1 and a ANSI SONET (the 155Mbps signals) are not compatible in all aspects either.
    Especially when it comes to E1 or T1 levels whitin the 155Mbps stream.

Surf

Thanks Geek!

your the best 🙂

regards//

Geek

BTW, the line coding is different too.
    DS01 use AMI or B8ZS and E1 uses HDB3. Google if you need more details 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.