Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

User speed in 3G networks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    woth

What is the user speed in 3G networks? For example if there is 5Mbps in downlink, is that mean that these 5Mbps will be divided among users. So if we have 5 users they will have download speed about 1Mbps. Does introducing more scrambling codes, channels or channel elements have any impact on user speed. How can we calculate user speed in 3G (UMTS/HSDPA) network??

woth

To make question simple: If in HSDPA network speed is 7.2Mbps, is that mean that each user will have that speed, or the users will divide 7.2Mbps among each oher?

Jason

Good question. There is several things that effect the speed. I believe the 7.2 is a perfect case senerio. Number of users and EC/IO will have a impact on the speed.

woth

Let’s assume perfect case scenario. Can I achieve that 2 users have speed 7.2Mbps in same cell? If yes, how?

Amex

Hi Guys,
    Yes you can achieve 7.2 even 14.4 Bbps, but: 1st- in the case if the node B is configured correctly and enough transmission capacity between Node B and RNC and the licence (from vendor)is allowed to achieve this kind of speed. 2nd- there should not be any more heavy UEs on the cell, Cause 14.4Mbps is given for the Node B, it’s up to you how you will use the capacity, means you can give some threshold for UEs and increase the code capacity. 3rd depends on you UE or modem, means usage of code is different on each UE or modems.
    Cheers
    Amex

woth

I was refering to Uu interface.

So what you say is that no matter how many scrambling codes I inject into NodeB, I still have the same combine speed for all users – 14.2 Mbps.

Is there any solution so 2,3,….,n users can have max. speed of 14.2Mbps (assuming that there is enough capacity beetween NodeB and RNC)?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.